Peter William Sutcliffe

There is a new 5 part series about the case on Netflix
I've been watching this the last few nights, and will finish it tonight. The programme doesn't really go after the Police but their incompetence really shines through. I'm talking those leading the investigation and not the uniform Police, it was the uniform guys who actually caught him, and even that wasn't rocket science. Shameful that they (those leading the investigation) concentrated all their efforts into Wearside Jack.

Yeah it definitely affected his life a lot
I heard him say he'd been told several people who'd found Ripper victims later killed themselves

Disappointed it didn’t give more of the details around the trial, which is arguably worth a big budget documentary budget if its own. Or even a drama being made. Must have been incredible to be involved with. There’s something inherently grim about the upper echelons of much of the criminal bar.

Also if it’s for a wider audience, they should have explained the rest of the marterial narrative around the hoax tapes. Definitely an oversight not to.

Otherwise, it was decent enough. 7/10.

Disappointed it didn’t give more of the details around the trial, which is arguably worth a big budget documentary budget if its own. Or even a drama being made. Must have been incredible to be involved with. There’s something inherently grim about the upper echelons of much of the criminal bar.

Also if it’s for a wider audience, they should have explained the rest of the marterial narrative around the hoax tapes. Definitely an oversight not to.

Otherwise, it was decent enough. 7/10.
Boring legal crap ;-)

How many of this type are still banged up?
The Black Panther, Neilson, Moors Murderers, Shipman, West, Yorkshire Ripper all gone.
Huntley to go.....
The Black Panther was caught near me-problem was one of the cops (white) who detained him was as big of a **** as him-paedo, bully boy, walter mitty who ran a local army cadets and with his cronies abused children for years.

The Black Panther was caught near me-problem was one of the cops (white) who detained him was as big of a **** as him-paedo, bully boy, walter mitty who ran a local army cadets and with his cronies abused children for years.
There‘s not too many truly bent coppers, in percentage terms, but those that are can wreak havoc.

There‘s not too many truly bent coppers, in percentage terms, but those that are can wreak havoc.
This was obviously a long time ago-I never met him in the job but his reputation went before him. Almost because of who he had caught (although you could argue that Neilson caught White and Mackenzie), he was allowed to do whatever he liked-he was a nasty, violent man-he would shoot kids with air weapons, make them get naked at the cadets, had an arsenal of weapons in his house including a bazooka. He wouldn't last 5 minutes these days but speaks volumes of how things once were. He still walks the streets-pretty sure he only got 3 years for abuse, mainly because it was so hard to get the victims to give evidence and other members of his ring were too old and poorly to be brought to justice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.