Petition: Rename the North Stand to honour club legend Aguero!

Sergio is as deserving as anyone in our recent history but for me naming a stand is something you do as a tribute, a tribute for a former players 50th birthday or at least 20 years after their debut I think it's cheap on him doing it right now in all honesty.

I'd love someday for us to possibly name the stand after him but we shouldn't just rush right into it, he's getting his statue and you know what he'll absolutely love and appreciate that like he's loved our support over the years.

It's something that can be done in an even more appreciated way in a decade or so the naming a stand after him thing, it'd be better if/when we've won a couple Champions League's cos it'd emphasise even more how highly we rated and how loved Kun is here long-term, future generations will appreciate him more too if we wait and it'd mean even more to Sergio by that point.

It shows what we think of his legacy if we give it time before doing it and the longer we wait the better it is for all parties, it'd be like a diamond wedding anniversary present for the one you care for most if we give it a decade, maybe that's an old fashioned or a stupid way of thinking of it here but I think it cheapens it doing it right now, good things come to those who wait and with naming the stand after him there defo shouldn't be no rush as much as we all love him... Maybe I'm in the minority but I think we should leave it for now and come back to it in a decade so we can celebrate him even more then.

Signed.
The most remarkable single moment in our history happened in front of that stand thanks to Serge. I don’t think it will ever be forgotten and I think it’s fitting for the stand to take his name.

Others have said it’s too soon and there are other candidates (Dave, Vinny, Pep); I sympathise with this - personally Dave was my favourite player of this generation, but I don’t think even he would begrudge naming the stand after Serge.

I think also that given the nature of Sergio's enforced retirement it would encourage all those other candidates to agree. Signed.

No way not for me.
Legend, superstar, love the bloke along with about 20 others from the last 10 years.
A bit daft renaming stuff as a player leaves, where does it end.
No City fan needs reminding how important Aguero is to the Club and Fans but no player is ever more than the Club.

I hear there is a young South American lad ripping up trees and the next big thing, "Julio Empty"
If we sign him and he does well we could rename the South Stand in his honour, the "Empty Stand"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.