Petition: Rename the North Stand to honour club legend Aguero!

There seems to be a Dipperesque sentimentality infusing our fan base. Of course Sergio is a club legend but the demand for stands to be renamed or statues to be put up for ex players is way over the top in my view.

The thing that really counts is the respect and appreciation from supporters and not baubles.

There seems to be a Dipperesque sentimentality infusing our fan base. Of course Sergio is a club legend but the demand for stands to be renamed or statues to be put up for ex players is way over the top in my view.

The thing that really counts is the respect and appreciation from supporters and not baubles.

Some miserable bar stewards on here, of course there are other players and managers deserving of stand, statues etc but being 60 years old I have lived through virtually half of City's entire history and in that time the most iconic City goal was THAT ONE, I don't even have to be specific because everyone knows. Even if Sergio hadn't retired yet or wasn't the City Legend he most certainly is I would be voting for the North Stand being renamed in his honour. Rant over and SIGNED.

He's getting a statue isn't he? That's appropriate.

Personally I think it's sad that we didn't use the development of the south stand as an opportunity to name it after Bert Trautmann, but there you go.

Give it 20 years then consider it. All stands are likely to be sponsored in the future though.

Personally I think it's sad that we didn't use the development of the south stand as an opportunity to name it after Bert Trautmann, but there you go.
I pushed for that at the time, actually. That would have been appropriate.

You can only really evaluate a legend's true legacy after that era is over and Sergio's era is still alive.

Why would we name a stand in a stadium after someone that never played in it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.