Petition to allow Ian Cheeseman to film inside stadiums

it was the Watford home game in 2016/17 he was due to be on commentary with David White but this was the time White was in spotlight under the Barry Bennell thing, BBC didn't want White on the air as they felt he may say something, Cheesy stuck up for White and refused to do commentary if White couldn't do it, BBC called Cheesys bluff
Why was White in the spotlight over Bennell?

What happened with David White mate?
From what I heardCheesy had either done or had an interview with Whitey all lined up to discuss the historic sex abuse case and the BBC were worried about legal ramifications and pulled it and there was a bit of a standoff and Cheesy walked

From what I heardCheesy had either done or had an interview with Whitey all lined up to discuss the historic sex abuse case and the BBC were worried about legal ramifications and pulled it and there was a bit of a standoff and Cheesy walked
OK thanks. I fully understand why the BBC would be worried about the Bennell abuse case being prejudiced by a former City employee.

There are usually strict reporting restrictions around these matters, so the BEEB probably sided with caution, when Cheesy thought this a public interest issue which needed to be discussed. \0/

It's a shame as I loved him as a presenter on GMR.

OK thanks. I fully understand why the BBC would be worried about the Bennell abuse case being prejudiced by a former City employee.

There are usually strict reporting restrictions around these matters, so the BEEB probably sided with caution, when Cheesy thought this a public interest issue which needed to be discussed. \0/

It's a shame as I loved him as a presenter on GMR.
Agree with that.

Legal issues aside the standard of City coverage on GMR now is absolutely woeful compared to what it was. Cheesy is sorely missed.

I generally watch most of his vlogs but the podcasts really test my patience… less cheesy and certainly not his city guests but more the prattle from certain contributors

The contributor this week which was suggesting pep was autistic had me reaching for the off switch

That’s what annoys me about the podcasts too.

I’ve not listened for a couple of years but it was always some bloke who owned an MOT garage and kept plugging his business, some giddy lad from Bolton and a really annoying manc girl on constant rotation with barely a brain cell between them.

The only City podcasts I listen to religiously are 93:20 and Noisy Neighbours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.