PFA Awards | De Bruyne and Foden win POTY and YPOTY

Just think City fans are being honest about KDB, there have been far better preformers for the Blues this season.
It's voted for by players. The vast majority will have only seen a handful of City games unlike us lot

They've probably based their choice on

1) Who was the best team we played against?
2) Who was the best player on the pitch when we played them?

I reckon you'd get a completely different perspective of Kev if you played against him. It probably feels like he's everywhere on the pitch and everything we do goes through him. Other players probably leave the pitch thinking they've never seen anything like him

Stats are meaningless, the fact is that Dias in his first season in English football was a colossus, he transformed our season, led the team and transformed John Stones into a high class CB.

Adding to that, the contributions of Ederson, Walker, Foden, Gundo and probably even Zinc were greater than Kev.

Delighted for KBB and the club, but have to say I find this a strange choice.
Agreed. By his ridiculously high standards, Kev had no more than an okay season, in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, Kev's "okay" is way ahead of 95% of the players in this league. But Dias has been monstrous since he came in, a true successor to Vinny. And look how Boulders has flourished alongside him.

What players clearly recognise (something which many of our fans clearly don't), is the difference between what players like KDB can do and other just 'excellent' players.

He might not have been at his mercurial best for the whole season (especially when he was out injured for that little period :)) but he is a risk taker, a difference maker, call it what you want.....but the players aren't stupid (believe it or not)....they see what he can do as standard just isn't normal for 99% of players and that is why he gets recognised for it and voted for. Plus he is clearly humble with it, too....which helps, as other players won't vote for pr1cks I imagine.

So whilst Dias was tremendous for us (something we as fans, rightly recognise), it is a lot easier to be a damn good defender than a 'game changer'.

Anyway, that's my opinion for what it's worth (be grateful at this point if no-one questions why Henderson won it over Kev two years back - I genuinely have no answer to that!!) :)

It's mind boggling how we sit here and talk about De Bruyne having an ''average'' season, while he's got the most goal contributions in our whole squad this season. Even in his "average" seasons, he's still world class and better than 99% of players in the world.

The fact is that this confirms that De Bruyne is the best player in the league by far and confirms his status as the face of the league. Injury or not, everybody knows it. You've got £100 million valued players like Grealish publically fawning over him as well as the new class of creative midfielders (Smith-Rowe, Odegaard) naming him as their idol. We are really witnessing greatness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.