PFA Back Tevez

Ronnie the Rep said:
better to leave the twat in the stiffs for the next three years IMHO

What is the situation with doing something like this? Are we able to do this or would Tevez be able to challenge us legally? Will we even be able to keep him training on his own and out of the team until Jan? Logic tells me that as long as we are paying his wages, we can have him training with who we like but I have a feeling it isn't as simple as that.

Re: Re: PFA Back Tevez

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
I was disgusted by that weasel Taylor. instead of just giving the facts he tried to justify Tevez' actions and then said that he was only there to state the legal position. I think that the club fined Tevez based on a serious misconduct charge (ie refusing to play) but realised that the consequence would be releasing him. better to leave the twat in the stiffs for the next three years IMHO
But Taylor is saying he wasn't charged with refusing to play hence his refusal to agree to the higher fine. So was he or wasn't he? That's why I think City have shot themselves in the foot a bit.

I didn't make my point properly. They were originally going to charge him with refusing to play hence the large fine but then realised they would have to release him. they should have altered the fine themselves. either way I really hope we make him suffer for the good of the game. I don't know a single fan from any club who doesn't think the same.

The clubs response

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/October/Carlos-Tevez-Latest-update-28-Oct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ate-28-Oct</a>

Manchester City Football Club has received notification from the Players' Union (PFA) that it will not support a four-week fine as a penalty for the actions of misconduct of Carlos Tevez.

The Club acknowledges that the Players' Union is the sole organisation empowered with granting the ability for clubs to levy fines greater than the two weeks provided for in player contracts.

However, Manchester City is disappointed by the apparent PFA conflict of interest evident in this process.

Carlos Tevez has been personally represented throughout by the PFA Chief Executive, on whose considerations the Club has been informed that the PFA has made its decision.

Manchester City has been in constant dialogue with the PFA since September 28th. Today's PFA decision is a departure from the Club's understanding of that dialogue.

Without recourse to the PFA decision available, the maximum two-week fine provided for in standard player contracts will now be applied in relation to the misconduct of Carlos Tevez.

This is a fucking Joke!!!!!!!!!!! the fucker is taking the piss!!!! so all in all, he gets a two week fine, which after suing Bobby he will recoup ten fold!!!!!! I wish I had a union that looked after me like these twats! the club having to make statements regarding this also is fucking doing my head in, this fucker has caused more shit than any city player ever, even more than that little twat Robhino! The PFA you are a disgrace, I wonder how much the union gets from footballers?????? we should of left the **** with them rag bastards!

I just wonder what circumstances now the PFA would consider a fine larger than the two weeks is appropriate?

Taylor even acknowledges that refusing to play is a sackable offence.

Where is the middle ground.

jimharri said:
Serious question; what did you expect the Professional FOOTBALLERS Association to do? Back the club against one of its members?

Another serious question: what on earth was the league thinking of, allowing the PFA to have final say on clubs' sanctions against players?

Can you *imagine* any normal employer agreeing that any sanctions against its employees for gross misconduct have to be agreed by the union? Utterly ridiculous.

Bluemanc1968 said:
This is a fucking Joke!!!!!!!!!!! the fucker is taking the piss!!!! so all in all, he gets a two week fine, which after suing Bobby he will recoup ten fold!!!!!! I wish I had a union that looked after me like these twats! the club having to make statements regarding this also is fucking doing my head in, this fucker has caused more shit than any city player ever, even more than that little twat Robhino! The PFA you are a disgrace, I wonder how much the union gets from footballers?????? we should of left the **** with them rag bastards!
Don't be fucking stupid mate. He won't sue and wouldn't win if he did.

Lancet Fluke said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
better to leave the twat in the stiffs for the next three years IMHO

What is the situation with doing something like this? Are we able to do this or would Tevez be able to challenge us legally? Will we even be able to keep him training on his own and out of the team until Jan? Logic tells me that as long as we are paying his wages, we can have him training with who we like but I have a feeling it isn't as simple as that.

apparently, FIFA can get involved if a player is not played in a first team and is a star player. I think the chances of that are zero. Even when he is match fit he wouldnt be guaranteed a place as the team are doing so well. If this drama had never happened and he didn't play nobody would say anything. Look at De Jong - last season he was ever present and then after he got injured someone else took his place. Even though he is a great player he has to wait for his chance - it's normal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.