PFA Young Player OF The Year

I agree fully. How can a player nominated for PLAYER OF THE YEAR not win Young player of the year. It makes no utter sense.It's like a pancake won 'food of the year' but couldn't win 'Best pancake of the year'.

Matty said:
ForzaMancini said:
Richards has being a much better RB than Walker and wasn't even nominated. I don't see how Chamberlain, Parker, Welbeck & Hart were nominated. Hart has had a great season for us and is the best keeper in the league IMO but he hasn't had to do enough to warrant a place ahead of the likes of Yaya, Vince, Lescott, Mata or Dempsey. Micah and Mario and Arsenal's goalkeeper should have been nominated for young player as well. The whole award is a joke, considering Bale won it last year with what, like 5 goals and 5 assists. Tevez had more than 3 times as many goals and more assists than him.

It's a popularity contest amongst footballers, that's the only possible explanation how Giggs won it the other year.

And how Bale won it after scoring a hat trick at the San Siro (at which point you're usually not informed they were 4-0 down and still lost), followed by possibly the most mediocre bordering on poor season thereafter.

Aguero not winning young player of the year would be like us not winning the title this season. Fucking cheated out of it.

If Sergio doesnt win I would be totally shocked. As for Kyle Walker dont see it at all. I cant beleive he will be more than likely ahead of Richards in the England team come the Euros. If and when Arry gets the job Richards will be in a bit of limbo again with England. For Richards to get in ahead of him he needs Pearce to get the job then maybe just maybe the best English right back in the league will play.

I know you all like blaming the media but surely the players player of the year is voted for BY THE PLAYERS

If Kyle Walker has won it i will eat a tramps cock

itisrising said:
I agree fully. How can a player nominated for PLAYER OF THE YEAR not win Young player of the year. It makes no utter sense.It's like a pancake won 'food of the year' but couldn't win 'Best pancake of the year'.

Ah !! I understand it when you put it like that. I lost all faith in thiese awards after Giggs won it for banging a Welsh sort. Then Parker won it for helping West Ham get relegated and promtly jumped ship.

ForzaMancini said:
Richards has being a much better RB than Walker and wasn't even nominated. I don't see how Chamberlain, Parker, Welbeck & Hart were nominated. Hart has had a great season for us and is the best keeper in the league IMO but he hasn't had to do enough to warrant a place ahead of the likes of Yaya, Vince, Lescott, Mata or Dempsey. Micah and Mario and Arsenal's goalkeeper should have been nominated for young player as well. The whole award is a joke, considering Bale won it last year with what, like 5 goals and 5 assists. Tevez had more than 3 times as many goals and more assists than him.

I thought Moses deserved to be there more than Chamberlain, how many games has Ox even played this year? Around 10? Sure he impressed in his few appearances but Moses has done it all season starting and been Wigan's top (only?) attacking threat and a huge reason they're looking to stay up again even after losing N'zogbia. If Scott Parker can win the entire player of the season award for impressing in a side that finished bottom then Moses should have at least been nominated for young player for what he's done.

Also how has Mata not even made it to young player award voting? He's 22 and been streets ahead of the likes of Walker and Chamberlain, too much English/British bias in the nominees to take this award seriously.

chamberlain started 5 games this season ffs. and wasnt the vote held at january? what had he done between august and january?? even mario had much better season

shocking mata arent there.

Do they ballot the players first to come up with the shortlists and then again to vote on the actual winners?

Or is it just one vote and the 'shortlists' are simply the 6 players in each category who received the most votes?

If it's the latter, that's where the very obvious and very fundamental flaw comes from. Under the first system, Aguero would walk the young player award; under the second system the votes for him will have been split over two categories and he'll win neither.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.