PG Tips to be sold off

I still deliver camp coffee to some restaurants, I just presumed it was a flavouring agent for coffee flavoured puddings.

It looks like the Camp coffee label has been made PC. I seem to remember the inference on the old label was that the coffee was being served to the soldier. Or am I losing my marbles.

Not too sure on it's connotations mate as I just drink it not analise it. However after finishing watching Gelsons dad's sailing videos I decided to investigate further and it would appear you my friend are spot on the money.

Here we go and ready aye ready.

An original 'Camp Coffee' label below. The Paterson Company of Glasgow was catapulted to fame with the world's first instant coffee in 1876: Camp Coffee (an essence of coffee-beans, chicory and sugar poured from a distinctive bottle). The origin of Camp Coffee is believed to have come from a request from the Gordon Highlanders to Campbell Paterson for a coffee drink that could be used easily by the army on field campaigns in India. The regular process of grinding and brewing coffee beans was too complicated and time consuming for a military field kitchen. The creation of a liquid Camp Coffee provided a simpler method. Originally the picture depicted the Sikh as carrying a tray of coffee -- an intermediate version, with the Sikh standing but the tray missing; it is widely believed that this was changed to avoid the imperialist connotations of the Sikh as a servant.The new label is a drawing of a Gordon Highlander soldier and a Sikh soldier sitting down together outside a tent, from which flies a flag carrying the drink's slogan, "Ready Aye Ready". Property of Robert Pool

b2GUwJO.jpg

my Mum used to buy camp coffee when I was a kid (so it must have been a cheap option) and I fuckin hated it. But you’ve got me curious now - if it’s still going I might buy some and see if my taste buds have matured 40 years later.

Try it with Carnation milk. A real treat:

What's this Yorkshire tea stuff. Is that a brand name?
It’s the ‘in’ thing at the moment for people to say they drink Yorkshire tea. The reality is, it’s just your average brew. Nowt special at all... and it’s Yorkshire. None of us should be anywhere near that!

Tetleys is good enough for me. Tried a Barrys tea last night. Piss weak.

I hope you didn't tell him ? I mean. he is good enough (nay, daft enough) to invite you round and all you can do is slag his hospitality or should that be hospitalitea ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.