Phil Brown

NQT said:
They do have a huge wage bill, apparently more than 15 players earning over £50k a week.
They also didn't include any protection clauses in these contracts that stipulate pay cuts in the event of relegation.

Put simply, if these 'top' players can't find other clubs willing to pay them over £50k a week, they're gonna have to stay at Newcastle. I can see a situation like Leeds where Necastle are going to have to offer to continue paying 50% of certain players' wages just to get them over the wage bill (particularly if they don't come up in the first year).

dannybcity said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Keeping them up was a major success.

There's no doubt about that, but the manner in which they did it didn't warrant champagne and general over the top celebration. He lost his cool in my eyes.
Exactly. As much as he's a c*nt, Roy Keane got it right when he said there'd be no celebrations when Sunderland got promoted from the Championship as that was the bare minimum he expected from his players.

Brown singing and dancing on the pitch after overseeing 1 win in 22, a divided dressing room, and a defeat to United's U15 side in a must-win game sends out all the wrong signals in my opinion.

He believed too much of his own hype after their excellent first few months and still isn't humble enough to admit that since then he's got plenty of things wrong.

what an utter cock..should think himself lucky if he is stll in the job at the start of next season as he will definatley take them down next year. Also, who was it give him a crack at Bolton?

Agree that they shouldn't be celebrating. He's too high on himself: taking his wife onto the pitch and kissing her in front of the cameras - he seems to be more interested in Phil Brown being in the headlines than Hull City. An proud person would be fuming about the way their season has gone and refusing to celebrate. 8 points in 22 games, is that what they're celebrating?

His players obviously think he's a tosser, they could do well to get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.