Phil Brown's Dressing Down of His Players

ManCityFC

Who else thinks that Phil Brown dressing down his players in front of the whole stadium like he did on Boxing Day was just managerial genius. I think it was excellent. They looked seriously uncomfortable didn't they? Can you imagine how often MH would have to do it though- if he adopted it. They could set up a bench outside permanently.

I don't think humiliation is a good motivational tool, Hull have been punching above their weight all season a bit like us early last season, a surprise package but the novelty is wearing off, and the slide has begun, I think they will be safe this season (but the table is very tight) but they will drop next year with out a doubt

I agree, but in some ways do you not think that it was a particulary risky method as for maybe half of the players they benefited and got that much needed kick up the arse, but for the other half, their morale sunk and probably played worst, and now have a permanent slight dislike for Brown that never used to be there..
Other than that, get that bench set up :)

Bet he regrets it now. Stupid thing to do. If he wanted to say sorry to the fans he should have walked over there himself and said sorry and told them that he was going to bollock the players, but sitting them down like kids will do nothing for team morale. Wouldn't surprise me if Hull completely fall apart now. Wouldn't surprise me either if they have a new manager this time next year.

RyantheBlue said:
I agree, but in some ways do you not think that it was a particulary risky method as for maybe half of the players they benefited and got that much needed kick up the arse, but for the other half, their morale sunk and probably played worst, and now have a permanent slight dislike for Brown that never used to be there..

It seemed to work though, it was 1-1 in the second half, so they clearly tried harder. I think some of these prima-donnas deserve to be humiliated at times. It reflected badly on Phil, all his players coasting, just after Christmas, and I think he decided they would be told in no uncertain terms.

I loved it, I thought it was absolute genius. Perhaps we could come up with some other motivational ideas. Like a punch in the face for any player that isn't trying hard enough or removing finger nails.

I agree it worked but like I said half of the players (probably the more experienced ones) will have taken it on board, the young lads probably suffered a dip in morale, and like an earlier post said I wouldn't be suprised if they totally fell apart now. Also you only loved it because it was happening to the other team. If Hughes had done that I would have been pleased at the start, until I saw the looks on the likes of Robinho, Elano, Richards etc. faces and thought, 'transfer request'.

You see it every now and then in Aussie Rules, but it's normally when the team is just behind and the supporters really give them a push them on in the hope of a comeback.

Can't see a City manager taking the team over to the supporters at 4-0 down away from home, it would be brutal. Ha ha.

ManCityFC said:
RyantheBlue said:

It seemed to work though, it was 1-1 in the second half, so they clearly tried harder. I think some of these prima-donnas deserve to be humiliated at times. It reflected badly on Phil, all his players coasting, just after Christmas, and I think he decided they would be told in no uncertain terms.

I loved it, I thought it was absolute genius. Perhaps we could come up with some other motivational ideas. Like a punch in the face for any player that isn't trying hard enough or removing finger nails.

That almost always happens when the game is already won at half time. Shit, we were 4-0 after what? 30-35 minutes lol.

As soon as they scored we went up the other end and grabbed one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.