Phil Brown's Dressing Down of His Players

I agree with the way he apologised and applauded the fans don't know if humiliation is the best way to go though. It was great seeing 17 or 18 overpaid grown men sitting like naughty school children. :D

Elanjo
On the o/s SWP has said that the dressing room and the managment is as one so lets all get behind the team and stop all this crap

DontLookBackInAnger said:
No Im open to your thoughts on who might be leaking the stories to the press, its not about disproving me I'm interested to hear your views on whom it might be. Thats in my view the point of the board to hear what others have to say and to interact.

Alright. 1st, how many of these rumours are actually true? In this regard how many are complete fabrications by the press? and how many are just journalistic errors? (how many times have we read on here how little alot of writers actually know about City - from the minute detail to the large)
Lets be kind and say half of the rumours are true. TBH, Im finding it hard right now to think of what bad things have been in the press (most of it not actually in the papers, but in crappy online blogs, I may add). Theres the Elano and Jo stuff. That started off after Elano went on TV.

After that, who else , apart from the manager, may leak stuff to the press? Tons of people I bet. From the cook, the cleaner, to 1 or 2 players, I dunno who exactly, but there are alot of staff at MCFC and like at any job, they talk about what goes on... especially if they get a few notes handed to them regularly by a journalist.

Its as if Hughes leaking stuff to the press in an attempt to alienate players has become a given on here, when its just speculation. There is no proof whatsoever.

I don't know, it just pisses me off to see people use speculation (which tends to build up like Chinese whispers in an environment like this) as a reason to sack the manager.

blue John said:
Elanjo
On the o/s SWP has said that the dressing room and the managment is as one so lets all get behind the team and stop all this crap

I agree entirely. Lets get behind the manager and players. If we fail it wont be because the fans got on their backs. It will be because time has proven that either the manager or players are not good enough. If Hughes is eventually proven to not be good enough I have no problem in him going, and he should go, but lets give him a fair shake of the stick first.

I don't know, it just pisses me off to see people use speculation (which tends to build up like Chinese whispers in an environment like this) as a reason to sack the manager.

I can only speak for myself and I would say while I wish Hughes to play no further part in running the club it has little to do with the speculation and much more to do with what I have seen on the pitch since the PSG game, something is very wrong, and yesterday(the Hull game)there was a real odd feal about it if I had to guess I think Hughes has already been told his services are no longer required. However right now it is just that a guess and tomorrow I will be at Blackburn getting behind the players, whomever is selected.

I would take Phil Brown over Hughes everyday of the week, and its a whole lot better than leaking stories to the press daily about players.
what the fuck?you clown

halpo123 said:
I would take Phil Brown over Hughes everyday of the week, and its a whole lot better than leaking stories to the press daily about players.
what the fuck?you clown

As diplomatic as ever M! Are we still on for New Years Night mate?

Phil Brown is nothing. This is the king of all half-time rants: <a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5mEDcjM6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5mEDcjM6s</a>

Stand up and applaud John Sitton: offering his players out for a fight, sacking them at half-time, total lack of self-awareness. He's the man we need!*

* a lie, obviously.

Phil Brown went over to the Hull fans at end of the game as well

Extraordinary goals, celebrations, and half-time team talks on the pitch, plus a brace from Caicedo. A game I will remember for a long time

BingoBango said:
Phil Brown is nothing. This is the king of all half-time rants: <a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5mEDcjM6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YE5mEDcjM6s</a>

Stand up and applaud John Sitton: offering his players out for a fight, sacking them at half-time, total lack of self-awareness. He's the man we need!*
Get him in......NOW! Brilliant; man management at it's best!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.