Phil Brown's Dressing Down of His Players

I thought it was a case of "Look at me, I'm on your side fans, it was this shower of shite that has let you down not me"
To humiliate a side that has ripped up trees all season like Hull have done will only turn the team against him.

It was stupid because they were 4 down and had no chance of getting back. If they were 1 or 2 down and they had played awful then it would have been a masterstroke.

I was amazed and at the time thought it was brilliant... Had my doubts since, but no doubt so has Phil Brown...? But drastic times call for drastic measures.

What will be most interesting is how they react to it. Certainly the press etc will jump on it if they lose form for any length of time.
I for one hope they do OK because they're good for the Premier League. Good club with good support and a really good manager... IMO

Great to see all those highly paid footballers doing what we've all had to do at half time... Sitting on the cold grass, getting told off... Only things missing were the hot Vimto, orange halves and the player's dads chirping in from the sidelines.

Certainly a memorable game all round!

5-1 My favourite scoreline -)

1.618034 said:
I was amazed and at the time thought it was brilliant... Had my doubts since, but no doubt so has Phil Brown...? But drastic times call for drastic measures.

What will be most interesting is how they react to it. Certainly the press etc will jump on it if they lose form for any length of time.
I for one hope they do OK because they're good for the Premier League. Good club with good support and a really good manager... IMO

Great to see all those highly paid footballers doing what we've all had to do at half time... Sitting on the cold grass, getting told off... Only things missing were the hot Vimto, orange halves and the player's dads chirping in from the sidelines.

Certainly a memorable game all round!

5-1 My favourite scoreline -)

I think it was the timing, being just after Christmas Day. I think it was to send a message to the fans that they won't get away with it. I am all for it. I think they all new they had underperformed and deserved it. If MH did it to our players, I would enjoy it at the moment. They need to be reminded that people travel and pay a lot of money to watch them. We pay their wages etc. I guess they will all think twice about switching off in future.

ElanJo said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I would take Phil Brown over Hughes everyday of the week, and its a whole lot better than leaking stories to the press daily about players.

Lets see your proof.
Smiles, OK then tell me if it's not Hughes leaking stories to the press to make the players look bad, is it the players themselves? It has to come from the Hughes camp, no one else has reason to and if.... Hughes and his Management team are not behind it why wouldn't they make a statement to say its all made up?

ManCityFC said:
Who else thinks that Phil Brown dressing down his players in front of the whole stadium like he did on Boxing Day was just managerial genius. I think it was excellent. They looked seriously uncomfortable didn't they? Can you imagine how often MH would have to do it though- if he adopted it. They could set up a bench outside permanently.

Nope it was done to take away his own mistakes.....clever bit of spin from him but manegerial genius he is not or ever will be. Think Big Sam but thinner.

ElanJo said:
Lets see your proof.
Smiles, OK then tell me if it's not Hughes leaking stories to the press to make the players look bad, is it the players themselves? It has to come from the Hughes camp, no one else has reason to and if.... Hughes and his Management team are not behind it why wouldn't they make a statement to say its all made up?

I love it how you put the onus on me to disprove you. ;)

ElanJo said:

I love it how you put the onus on me to disprove you. ;)

No Im open to your thoughts on who might be leaking the stories to the press, its not about disproving me I'm interested to hear your views on whom it might be. Thats in my view the point of the board to hear what others have to say and to interact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.