Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youngest English players to appear in a Champions League knock out game.

DWBkzUQXkAA0IBq.jpg:large

If Foden plays before the final he'll top the list.

We should be rotating for FA Cup and league more than CL. The team need to keep playing together in the CL. Grow in confidence and beat Basel 5-0 next time. Put down a marker and start getting the mentality that we can win the competition.

Otherwise it is a long time to go from the 1st leg to the 1st leg of the quarters with no CL and we might be completely off the pace.

Basel have nothing to lose. That could be Bayern or Real in the next round. Let us see how the team copes under the pressure and whether we can kill them off in those circumstances.

It stops complacency. If we lost it would not be a bad thing as long as we still went theough as it would teach the team that they can not assume the game is over at any point.

With away goals it takes just one moment of poor concentration or a poor pass and you can concede and put immense pressure on the team. It is a funny competition in that 3-1 away is okay to some extent as 2-0 at home puts you through. You are always in it and we need to play the game with our best 11 really. Foden should play against Wigan and in the league game against Arsenal.

Play him alongside Gundogan and Fernandinho against Wigan. Will give him plenty of confidence with those two providing enough physicality.

I agree with the above, I wouldn't start him against Basel. I'd wait until half-time and if the margin is still unassailable then bring him on with Diaz and Nmecha.

I think he will get regular game time once the league is pretty much wrapped up.

That might get him a call up to the world class cup squad if he plays well.

Either way I have a feeling one of Foden or Sancho have an outside chance of the World Cup.

Outside of Kane and Sterling it’s not like we have had an abundance of attacking players ripping up tree’s this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.