Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is laughable in this shit fucking dinosaur football country.

But it wouldn't be laughable in another one. Especially if the competition wss a bunch of fucking donkeys.
Wouldn't happen in Germany, or Spain either. This isn't an English thing, this is a no country will call up a 17-year old with no experience kind of thing.

It might have happened a while ago, but the talent pool has gotten really big and 17 year olds don't play in top leagues as often as before.

It is laughable in this shit fucking dinosaur football country.

But it wouldn't be laughable in another one. Especially if the competition wss a bunch of fucking donkeys.

I am not so sure its the case in this country now. I think Southgate will turn out better than those before him in respect of not being scared of giving young players a spot if they warrant it. As for Phil were he called into it, in some respects his experience is more than most England players....he knows about the sharp end of a tournament. Will he get enough game time to give Southgate more to think about...we will have to see, but am bloody sure it has not been dismissed from the current England managers mind.

Wouldn't happen in Germany, or Spain either. This isn't an English thing, this is a no country will call up a 17-year old with no experience kind of thing.

It might have happened a while ago, but the talent pool has gotten really big and 17 year olds don't play in top leagues as often as before.

We don't have a 'talent pool' in the senior England squad, we have a puddle.

I am not so sure its the case in this country now. I think Southgate will turn out better than those before him in respect of not being scared of giving young players a spot if they warrant it. As for Phil were he called into it, in some respects his experience is more than most England players....he knows about the sharp end of a tournament. Will he get enough game time to give Southgate more to think about...we will have to see, but am bloody sure it has not been dismissed from the current England managers mind.

As it happens, I agree on the liklihood of Southgate's thinking, but the fear factor of who to leave out, & upsetting all their followers, would be the biggest point against.

I think it's down to how quickly we get the title finished off ( today's game is a big factor in that) & then Foden would have to do 'something' of note before the end of the season.

If he gets on & is neat & tidy & professional, it probably won't register, but if he was to do something which makes the media take notice, they will then back Southgate if he picks him.

I really like all the little run-outs he’s getting, just getting the lad more and more used to playing with the team.

I’m very intrigued to see how he’ll do with a few starts towards the end of the session.

I really like all the little run-outs he’s getting, just getting the lad more and more used to playing with the team.

I’m very intrigued to see how he’ll do with a few starts towards the end of the session.

I'm sure he will be starting games once the title is wrapped up. Think he will show us all what he can do.

Nice comments from Gary Neville. It's good to see a player who is so talented actually dedicate themselves to improve with extra training.

As it happens, I agree on the liklihood of Southgate's thinking, but the fear factor of who to leave out, & upsetting all their followers, would be the biggest point against.

I think it's down to how quickly we get the title finished off ( today's game is a big factor in that) & then Foden would have to do 'something' of note before the end of the season.

If he gets on & is neat & tidy & professional, it probably won't register, but if he was to do something which makes the media take notice, they will then back Southgate if he picks him.

I actually think the British public would now back the introduction of youth players. The crowd favourites will go. Kane, Alli, Rashford, Dier but they should do. As you say, the talent puddle isn't very deep. So the clamour to have shirt sellers there is non existent.

If Foden or Sancho over at BVB finish the season strongly they are both in with a shout.
Get the title wrapped up, get him some real game time. If he's good enough to be in and around this squad he's good enough for England. Players live Jake Livermore wouldn't get anywhere near our squad. I honestly believe Foden is there on merit.

Germany won the World Cup in 2014 for this very reason... granted the average age of the squad in 2010 was 23, however we have to be looking at nurturing the pool of talent at an earlier stage... unfortunately we are prehistoric in our thinking, it's actually had to see an academy like citys emerge to realise how far behind we are, and even then it isn't guaranteed with the depth of first team squads to break in to...

Experience is key yet whilst the FA is made up of corrupt feckers, with a no mark like Southgate at the helm, forget about it.

The last real 17 year old I can think of that it impacted was Rooney and he was just a cave dwelling twunt... it happens though, The real Ronaldo, Owen et al..

I'd quite like it if they were a little longer. The gesture of bringing him on is nice, but 3-0 up to an Arsenal side that were well and truly beaten, it would have been nice for him to come on in the 80th minute rather than the 89th.

I think he got 10 minutes when we were 3 goals up against Spurs early on in the season. That kind of cameo gives us a chance to actually see him play, let him get a few touches before the final whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.