Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid is ready now. And I don't believe I've said that about top talents at that age in years past like Denis Suarez. Got everything to be a top top top level playmaker.

Absolutely 100% made it worth getting up for. The best thing I can say is he played exactly like he does in 18s, but against men. He thinks that quickly that you simply can't stop him. That half turn spin thing is a trademark of his and he'll be leaving DMs on their arses throughout his whole career. He's a truly special talent and I honestly think he could be something of a watershed moment for the CFA.

It will just mean so much more if he breaks through. Local lad? Yes (stockport ffs! it's perfect bert stuff!). Blue? Yes. Lifelong academy player? Yes. The way he moves like a Spanish player too but he's the most local of local players. It's exciting, very very exciting. You never know how they'll step up until you see them amongst adults. Brahim for example looked a little lacking physically, which is fine given his age, but Foden, despite being a similar size, looked totally at home. Some need more time, some get it right away. Foden gets it, immediately.

Pep's quotes are incredibly exciting. I think Pep *knows* that we're onto something special here, and I think he's known that since he was on the bench for the Celtic game. I still believe Pep *wants* to bring a lad through, and Pep's repeated countless times how important it is to have that local connection. After witnessing that he was ridiculously positive, and rightly so. It's the kind of debut Messi made for Barca at 17. He was that assured that quickly. Foden could reach the levels of De Bruyne and Silva, easy. He is a truly gifted player....but he could easily disappear and fuck off at NAC, Girona and wherever if we get it wrong. I hope people realise that. It's entirely on City now to get it right. We simply have to, cos we could change the perception of the CFA overnight if he broke through. God, I hope he does.

Edit - wanna add that he will score ten times more than Silva one day. For me he's got the driving dribbling grace of an Iniesta with the movement of a Silva...but even better, he's as lethal as KDB too. That all adds up to a stunningly effective no.8 one day with a little luck.

Last edited:
Watching on YouTube feeds and even the MUTV commentary suggested we should take note of the name for future reference when he got subbed.

Absolutely 100% made it worth getting up for. The best thing I can say is he played exactly like he does in 18s, but against men. He thinks that quickly that you simply can't stop him. That half turn spin thing is a trademark of his and he'll be leaving DMs on their arses throughout his whole career. He's a truly special talent and I honestly think he could be something of a watershed moment for the CFA.

It will just mean so much more if he breaks through. Local lad? Yes (stockport ffs! it's perfect bert stuff!). Blue? Yes. Lifelong academy player? Yes. The way he moves like a Spanish player too but he's the most local of local players. It's exciting, very very exciting. You never know how they'll step up until you see them amongst adults. Brahim for example looked a little lacking physically, which is fine given his age, but Foden, despite being a similar size, looked totally at home. Some need more time, some get it right away. Foden gets it, immediately.

Pep's quotes are incredibly exciting. I think Pep *knows* that we're onto something special here, and I think he's known that since he was on the bench for the Celtic game. I still believe Pep *wants* to bring a lad through, and Pep's repeated countless times how important it is to have that local connection. After witnessing that he was ridiculously positive, and rightly so. It's the kind of debut Messi made for Barca at 17. He was that assured that quickly. Foden could reach the levels of De Bruyne and Silva, easy. He is a truly gifted player....but he could easily disappear and fuck off at NAC, Girona and wherever if we get it wrong. I hope people realise that. It's entirely on City now to get it right. We simply have to, cos we could change the perception of the CFA overnight if he broke through. God, I hope he does.

Edit - wanna add that he will score ten times more than Silva one day. For me he's got the driving dribbling grace of an Iniesta with the movement of a Silva...but even better, he's as lethal as KDB too. That all adds up to a stunningly effective no.8 one day with a little luck.
His wonder goal last season used the exact same spinning wizardry :)

His wonder goal last season used the exact same spinning wizardry :)

Yep. Pretty much every time he does it something good comes from it. It's majestic. Touches it dead with his right foot while turning and knocks it forward with his left while spinning. It's SUCH a high level technical thing.

Dare I say that we don't need Sanchez if we keep Foden in the first team squad?

Money saved could be spent on quality in defense. ;-)

Dare I say that we don't need Sanchez if we keep Foden in the first team squad?

Money saved could be spent on quality in defense. ;-)
Don't know how you arrive at that conclusion. Different positions. We need goals from the front 3. We need Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.