Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADegenerate

It’s preseason yes but he’s been lackluster. Our whole system revolves around our 8s bossing the games. I’m sure Pep will get his head right, not that it isn’t, but I think he will need to stay hungry. My City friend asked if he was getting too comfortable and I couldn’t say for sure.

Obv not trying to overreact here but it is the performances board and the last thread was locked.

He hasn't been lacklustre. Far from it, he's done his job, taking the ball under pressure, finding space and moving it out. I'm sorry he's more Silva than Fake Ronaldo, nobody is ever going to be able to sort that part out for you unfortunately.

I like the shot 93:20 :-)

I can’t figure out why you’d think I’d want CR7 as our 8 though? You think THAT low of me?! Fair enough fair enough.

It’s preseason. He looks fit, he looks bigger, and he looks like he is ready to play a part. All good signs. Relax and let him develop. He has a long career ahead of him, and I hope it can be a successful one at City.

Looks a talented player but at the position I'd like to see him trying to influence our tempo more. Something Silva and de bruyne do so well. Is more about getting minutes right now in truth though.

+1. I don’t have any issue with Phil. I think it’s an impossible task filling in for KdB + Dave. I think it’s fair to even ask if Gundogan has done it well enough.

Comparing is unproductive. Gundogan is not Fernandinho and Phil is not David Silva. All have their individual attributes that make the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.