Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 27 Jul 2018.

1. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

It’s preseason yes but he’s been lackluster. Our whole system revolves around our 8s bossing the games. I’m sure Pep will get his head right, not that it isn’t, but I think he will need to stay hungry. My City friend asked if he was getting too comfortable and I couldn’t say for sure.

Obv not trying to overreact here but it is the performances board and the last thread was locked.

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

He hasn't been lacklustre. Far from it, he's done his job, taking the ball under pressure, finding space and moving it out. I'm sorry he's more Silva than Fake Ronaldo, nobody is ever going to be able to sort that part out for you unfortunately.

3. BJL_City

BJL_City

He's 18 playing in a bodged pre-season line-up, leave him be

4. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I like the shot 93:20 :-)

I can’t figure out why you’d think I’d want CR7 as our 8 though? You think THAT low of me?! Fair enough fair enough.

5. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

If he wants to prove his desire to play for this club, he needs to change his name to Phil Viaduct.

6. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

It’s preseason. He looks fit, he looks bigger, and he looks like he is ready to play a part. All good signs. Relax and let him develop. He has a long career ahead of him, and I hope it can be a successful one at City.

7. Bpughh

Bpughh

Looks a talented player but at the position I'd like to see him trying to influence our tempo more. Something Silva and de bruyne do so well. Is more about getting minutes right now in truth though.

8. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

+1. I don’t have any issue with Phil. I think it’s an impossible task filling in for KdB + Dave. I think it’s fair to even ask if Gundogan has done it well enough.

9. oldius

oldius

Comparing is unproductive. Gundogan is not Fernandinho and Phil is not David Silva. All have their individual attributes that make the squad.

10. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

He's 18 and now needs to be playing regularly at a decent level.