Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t Pep say maybe in Lyon pre match, that Bernardo was almost ready? Looks like all 3 will be in training. Also Bernardo usually plays on the left and Foden always comes on for Dave hence why I think it’ll be Bern and Phil.
you may well be right. Hope Bernie has recovered. I just thought Dave controls the game a little better and has obviously mentored Phil. Lets see. If he starts, I'm happy whoever he partners.

you may well be right. Hope Bernie has recovered. I just thought Dave controls the game a little better and has obviously mentored Phil. Lets see. If he starts, I'm happy whoever he partners.

Exactly. I really think this is the game to start him finally.

I hope he starts, couldn't care less about the next opposition. We'll get either dippers or PSG in the 1/4 anyway. In one package with Antonio Mateu Lahoz.

I hope he does too because I don't think him starting means us failing to get the point we need. Dippers will be in the Europa and PSG will win the group.

he will get minutes in cup games this season mainly. but its not enough in my opinion. i think hes too good to just be a bench player now. its near enough impossible for him to get into this first team. he wont play him ahead of 40 or 50m players and even when theres loads out, he can't get in. I'm starting to think he should go on loan and actually get some minutes.

training with the first team is all well and good, but its game time that he needs. hes ready for that now.

he will get minutes in cup games this season mainly. but its not enough in my opinion. i think hes too good to just be a bench player now. its near enough impossible for him to get into this first team. he wont play him ahead of 40 or 50m players and even when theres loads out, he can't get in. I'm starting to think he should go on loan and actually get some minutes.

training with the first team is all well and good, but its game time that he needs. hes ready for that now.
Is the fact that he's on the bench consistently, not enough of an indicator to what Pep thinks of him? (regardless of actual minutes played)

Is the fact that he's on the bench consistently, not enough of an indicator to what Pep thinks of him? (regardless of actual minutes played)

obviously pep rates him...... "he's on the bench consistently" - thats the problem. hes not getting enough game time. lots of midfielders out and he still gets barely any minutes. de bruyne to come back as well. thats why i think a loan move would be good. he is to good to not be playing and is ready now. cup games and a few minutes here and there isn't enough in my opinion.

Imagine how many pages this thread would have if he actually played a game.

I was always against a loan, but at the current rate he’s on for about 230 minutes of PL football by the end of the season (which might even decrease when De Bruyne returns). That just isn’t enough for someone of his potential. As long as it’s not to some shit long ball team what’s the worst that could happen?

I was always against a loan, but at the current rate he’s on for about 230 minutes of PL football by the end of the season (which might even decrease when De Bruyne returns). That just isn’t enough for someone of his potential. As long as it’s not to some shit long ball team what’s the worst that could happen?
Agree. Lots of teams that could be of mutual benefit. Fulham, Bournemouth, Westham, Leeds to name a few, just in England.

same here. I was completely against a loan, but he's not going to get enough minutes. the past couple of games in particular when players are out and he still isn't playing. long term i think this a problem for any young player we have. no matter how good you are its near enough impossible to become a regular first team player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.