#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take issue with this mentality. Agüero's been injured a lot lately, but other than him and Torres, every other attacker we own has had at least one spell of dreadful form in the last year. Sterling has actually had two and Mahrez has basically been in one consistent bad patch since Trump's first bloody impeachment.

Foden is the only player we think deserves to be dropped every time he has a bad game though. With everyone else it's "let them play themselves back into form". Why we have this attitude towards one of our own, but not towards any of the other forwards, is beyond me.
I don’t have that at it attitude. I agree with you.

I feel Pep has handled Foden's game time well. There may be things that Pep wants Phil to do that we aren't seeing. Thierry Henry talked about when he was at Barca being hauled off at halftime one game even though he scored. His position was to hold the wing, but he said he came inside because he felt he wasn't getting the ball.
There was one instance where Kev told Phil you don't listen do you. So there may be things he still needs to learn from a tactical perspective. I think Pep knows how good of a player he is, but he's young and sometimes young players want to do too much.
Seeing that he's playing more in these recent games I do think he will continue to get starts. He seems to be the only one who can score consistently.

At this moment Foden is the best offensive player at the club and you do not rest your best player , the likes of Mahrez and Sterling in their current form should never be playing before Foden, really hope Pep has now realised he can trust Foden 100% , he has managed Phil's career superbly and we are now reaping the benefits.

This kid is an absolute star. He has everything (needs a bit of work with headers).
we now need one or two others from the academy to step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.