#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind his main role the other day was to drag their defence out to create the space in behind for others though. It’s part of the movement that created the goal, but he’s done it a few times already. I imagine Southgate would have been very pleased with him.

Not that I like the way Southgate wants some of them to play though!

Decided I love the hairdo simply because it's still pissing people off. Heard someone calling him stupid for getting it done and saying "what's he done to earn it?" A fucking haircut lol.

Same goes for Grealish. Yeah his style might be absolute trash but more power to him and the fact that it pisses people off for whatever reason is hysterical.

Transfer window open, Euros in full swing and here I am rambling about hair.

Being wasted, let him play with Sancho and Grealish for once FFS.

Sancho and Grealish aren't going to help him.

Bellingham is probably his best bet, unless you want to replace Mount with Grealish, that could help.

Foden had the same problem in this game as Sterling and Kane - the English midfield were just too slow. They never got the ball to the front 3 quickly, and when they only get slow ball, they're outnumbered and the defence is settled.

Walker was missed massively tonight. He is massively underrated in the build up. His pass created the goal vs. Croatia, and you put Reece James in and he did fuck all except hit a few crosses too far.

No walker stepping into midfield meant Phillips reverted to his defensive midfield role, the ball was slow, and Foden and Sterling got no quick ball.

Sancho and Grealish aren't going to help him.

Bellingham is probably his best bet, unless you want to replace Mount with Grealish, that could help.

Foden had the same problem in this game as Sterling and Kane - the English midfield were just too slow. They never got the ball to the front 3 quickly, and when they only get slow ball, they're outnumbered and the defence is settled.

Walker was missed massively tonight. He is massively underrated in the build up. His pass created the goal vs. Croatia, and you put Reece James in and he did fuck all except hit a few crosses too far.

No walker stepping into midfield meant Phillips reverted to his defensive midfield role, the ball was slow, and Foden and Sterling got no quick ball.

I think in this team Foden needs to play in midfield there is no pace in it, let Sancho play on the the right and Grealish on the left.

Like you say it is so slow the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.