#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is ruining Phil, it's Pep not Gareth. Perpetually benching him, and not encouraging him to show his natural talent by insisting "don't give the ball away." But Phil will not be ruined ... he's too good.

Is that the Phil Foden that just won Young Player of the Year playing for Pep, or a different one?

Energy and movement I will give you, but ultimately it came to nothing.

Did he do anything special with the ball?

Again, I think of the whole team he rated higher of the whole mediocre bunch, but that was no special game from Foden.
I agree on that - no special game. But only came off because Southgate was afraid to take someone else off. The same player who remained on the field when Rashford came on. Good old Gareth and his special favourites.

Is that the Phil Foden that just won Young Player of the Year playing for Pep, or a different one?
Check how many games Phil has started since winning the U-17 World Cup Player of the Tournament. Soon after his England debut with 2 goals, Pep only started him 2 games out 7. Phil's brilliance is not due to Pep. Far from it.

What did he actually do?

I don't know what game people saw if they think that was a good Foden performance, he has had WAY better performances for City.

He didn't even create much this game, and failed to get on chances from Sterling (can say he was unlucky).

Seriously, go on r/soccer and you'll see so many fans say Foden was poor today, not that the game plan helped him of course, the whole team played poorly, nobody stood out.
He was miles better than Sterling or Kane, he worked harder, made better runs and was trying to make things happen. I don't need to go on r/soccer for an opinion .Of course he's played better for City, but he shouldn't have been subbed off. Go on the bbc and look at player ratings if that's your thing, Foden was about 3rd highest rated England player from tonight. The crowd booed when he got the hook, and that's twice that knobhead Southgate's subbed him off first undeservedly.

Best England player by a mile yet he gets subbed lol
Well Gareth could hardly take off his hero player or any of his midfielders. Even when Harry was taken off, his hero player remained on. Poor old Phil but he'll bounce back.

He was miles better than Sterling or Kane, he worked harder, made better runs and was trying to make things happen. I don't need to go on r/soccer for an opinion .Of course he's played better for City, but he shouldn't have been subbed off. Go on the bbc and look at player ratings if that's your thing, Foden was about 3rd highest rated England player from tonight. The crowd booed when he got the hook, and that's twice that knobhead Southgate's subbed him off first undeservedly.
Don't think he did better than Sterling personally, Sterling made more "mistakes" but also was the only player really making anything, that BBC thing is a fan rated one that I wouldn't trust too much.

And I agree, as I said, one of the best of a mediocre bunch, but not a special game.

So I can see Southgate trying to change things by shifting Sterling RW and Grealish LW.

Would I have done that? No, I would have kept Foden on, maybe take off Rice for Grealish instead, but I can see what he was going for, even if I disagree with it.

If anyone is ruining Phil, it's Pep not Gareth. Perpetually benching him, and not encouraging him to show his natural talent by insisting "don't give the ball away." But Phil will not be ruined ... he's too good.
Haha good joke. Love the sarcasm on here sometimes

Southgate is happy to get a point and not lose.
He takes off potential match winners to bring on subs to help not lose in the last 20-30 minutes.
It's a philosophy of natural losers.

Got to believe that the players were following his tactics ... 90% of passes go backwards or sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.