Phil Foden....no longer just potential

With all the hype around the likes of sancho, haaland, ect, foden may just be the best of the lot.
A few of his goals show that he already has the nack of putting himself in the right positions for rebounds, and not just relying on great individual goals.

Now he looks like he will either score a goal, or make a goal with nearly every appearance.

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but he really does have ballon dor potential.

He has now physically matured and it has been clear since the restart he is proving to be very difficult to knock off the ball. Several times last night he burst through two or more Liverpool players and he managed to bounce a few of them off him... Yaya-esque I would suggest.

Young, incredibly talented and a homegrown Blue.

I don't want to get carried away and praise Foden too much but it's hard not to. He's definitely getting better every game and looks like he can really stamp his mark on the game at the very highest level.

David Silva has been a fantastic player for us and the best foreign player to grace the premier league IMO. I'll be really sad to see Silva go but Pep has been holding Phil back until recently and as sad as I am to see Silva leave I'm so excited that Foden will come of age with us. He has risen to the top very quickly and already looks the real deal as Silva's protige.

I think it's fair to say that Foden already has a better eye for goal and shot on him than Silva, and dare I say that Foden could become an even better player than David Silva. Imagine that, Wow!

This kid is the best young midfielder I’ve seen in a long long time. I believe what he can do on the pitch now, Inesta, Xavi, Silva, KDB etc couldn’t do at 19-20 years old. As he continues to grow in physicality and football IQ, we’ll have a Legend in the making, a future captain, a future ballon dor winner and a City fan through and through.

With many of us getting frustrated over the last couple of seasons due to his lack of chances, it seems that if Pep did indeed have a master plan for Foden’s development, then he timed it perfectly to ease us towards David’s leaving date.

Not only is Phil looking fantastically skilful, but he also looks like he’s started to fill out too. Who would have thought we would ever get to see a player in our team with De Bruyne’s ability. In a year or two we’ll have two!

With many of us getting frustrated over the last couple of seasons due to his lack of chances, it seems that if Pep did indeed have a master plan for Foden’s development, then he timed it perfectly to ease us towards David’s leaving date.

Not only is Phil looking fantastically skilful, but he also looks like he’s started to fill out too. Who would have thought we would ever get to see a player in our team with De Bruyne’s ability. In a year or two we’ll have two!
To be fair to Pep, Foden was given chances against the likes of Rotherham and had poor games. He only had 38 touches of the ball in 90 minutes against Rotherham, a team that was relegated from the Championship in a game we had 70% possession and won 7-0. Gundogan had more touches than that in each half of that game.

So Pep was right to slowly introduce Foden to the team. And it’s why I didn’t get frustrated that he wasn’t getting more opportunities last year.

What I’ve noticed, probably since the EFL Cup final, is that Foden is starting to get a man’s body now. His legs have developed some proper size and muscle and his upper body is slowly getting bigger. He’s able to ride challenges (i REALLY like how he doesn’t go down like 95% of the rest of the sport does!) and can use his strength to get our of situations.

He didn’t have that at all until recently. This was the main thing that was holding him back, for me. He was still physically a boy until the last few months.

I truly believe that in years from now writers of nostalgic City articles might well be speaking of Phil in the same laudatory terms as those used - in the piece which appeared in the recent, and much welcomed, issue of Noel’s Return of the Helmet - of City greats Colin Bell and David Silva. He has it in him to be that good.

He has now physically matured and it has been clear since the restart he is proving to be very difficult to knock off the ball. Several times last night he burst through two or more Liverpool players and he managed to bounce a few of them off him... Yaya-esque I would suggest.

Young, incredibly talented and a homegrown Blue.
Thats the real change ive noticed in him this year. He is physically a man now, strong on the ball and very difficult to push of the ball. Hes also decpetively quick as well over short distances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.