Phil Foden wins FWA footballer & PL player of the year.

Well done Phil,

Southgate, I dare you to leave him on the bench in the summer

Well deserved, he has been amazing this season - especially grabbing the games by the scruff of the neck and pulling us through in the absence of KBD especially!

I wonder who our old mate Neil Cuntish voted for? (If he is still a journo?)

Balon D'or come soon...or is it soon come?

I suspect not this year. It's a shame that Bellingham is still in the Champions League, considering Phil totally overshadowed him in the QFs.

The other two favourites, Kane and Mbappe are still in the CL too.

Assume the Euros counts as part of this season, so Phil being totally marginalised by Southgate's game plan will be the final nail in the coffin for this year!

Congratulations Phil. Had a great season.

Would personally have given it to Rodri (20 G&A) from DM is unheard of but was probably a toss up between the two!!

Whilst I don’t think awards like this should be voted on until the season is over, I am delighted that this young man has be recognised by a high percentage of football writers in this country. One can easily get carried away about how good the players at your club are (although a lot of our supporters seem to go the other way?) so when a large group who are unquestionably not biased in favour of MCFC vote for one of our own, it tells you that we really are seeing someone special develop before our own eyes.

I think Rodri is a little unfortunate not to win and certainly to be behind Rice! So long as both our boys finish ahead of the latter in the league.

Congrats to Phil & Bunny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.