Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

HarrytheBlue

Clueless pundits and fans lacking brain cells love a scapegoat and a witch-hunt. Against Serbia, Phil's role (doing a job on the left) didn't allow him to pull up any trees. I haven't seen the stats, but his pass completion accuracy seemed decent to me – being slaughtered though for the couple of passes that didn't work out. We all know that Pep coaches our players to pass to team-mates when they're being marked - and we've all seen Phil receive the ball with two top defenders on him, turn, get away and rifle one in. Our (City's) football is counterintuitive, and I don't expect England to play like us, but come on, it's not rocket science to give him the ball (when he's being marked or otherwise). Several times he was in good positions, but no-one gave him the ball – the golden boy especially.

I don't buy the 'he can't play in the same side as the golden boy’ thing. To me, Bellingham is a box-to-box player, whereas Phil does his best work in the last third. Phil's getting the Scholes experience - it has to be said that Scholes, like Phil is now, was the most naturally gifted English player of that generation but was shoved out to the left to make way for the longest running failed experiment in footy history. Phil’s being vilified for no other reason than he plays for us. Shearer, the striker (yes, he was world class) who couldn’t score for a year leading up to EURO 96, has been especially critical of Foden.

He's mature enough to shrug off the harsh criticism. TAA was clumsy more than once and nearly threw one in for Serbia – but no especially harsh criticism – fair enough – don’t destroy England’s players. Kane had his worst game in an England shirt (clumsy, slow, in the wrong parts of the pitch, barely any touches) – no harsh criticism – again fair enough. But Phil’s being singled out for a couple of slack passes. Phil loves playing for England – he’s won the Under 17 World Cup – player of the tournament. Personally, I hope Phil goes all maverick if selected ‘give me the fecking ball!!!!’ and shuts the mouths of these fans and pundits who don’t deserve a generational talent like him in their national side.

The argument for Pep to coach England in a parallel universe is for another discussion, but there is no way a Pep England would be allowed to take a backward step and drop deeper and deeper after going one nil up.

Last edited:
It seems okay for Phil to play out of his best position but not Bellingham, and that alone shows who the best player is , Phil can play anywhere in a three behind the striker , of course his best position is as a 10. If Bellingham is so fucking special make him play as the 8, let’s see how good and influential he is out of his favoured position. But he’s the golden boy isn’t he ? A player who has played all of his best football out of the country, I don’t get the love in for him , he’s an arrogant twat to boot. But it’s Southgate isn’t it ? A defender as a player who has England playing with the handbrake on, I couldn’t give a shite if we get knocked out tbh , let’s just hope Phil isn’t on the pitch as he will get the blame.

Phil sidelined is exactly what utd, lfc, ars fans and their media puntis want. They wanted a clickbait LFC player in the midfield, they wanted Bellingham (A talent thats nothing to do with City) as the headliner. Grealish out. Stones is lucky he is in but only due to no one else being available. Mainoo satisfies the utd fans.

Sorry to spoil your thread but really fucks me off that we shoot ourselves in the foot for the sake of clickbaiting journalists satisfying their fanbase.

But, Foden (Like City) has to do absolutely everything himself. He will get no lift up, no favourable coverage. Nothing. He needs to step up and prove himself the best.

Fuck England, Fuck Southgate and Fuck Bellingham. They have no idea how to use Englands number one midfielder and they don’t fucking deserve to have our Phil the bunch of clueless useless cunts. I don’t listen to pundits because the majority are dicks with no fucking clue. I saw Phil with my own eyes last season like everyone else and he should be the central figure to that team. Bellingham and Southgate will destroy that group of players with their arrogance and in Southgate case his complete lack of player awareness.

Last edited:
Are any of us surprised?

I called it as soon as he dropped Grealish……knew he’d play Phil on the left and instead of playing on the half turn in the middle like he does for us, he’d end up playing as a static left winger with the ball being played into him with his back to goal…..

Fuck them all they can suck bellinghams cock for all I care

Are any of us surprised?

I called it as soon as he dropped Grealish……knew he’d play Phil on the left and instead of playing on the half turn in the middle like he does for us, he’d end up playing as a static left winger with the ball being played into him with his back to goal…..

Fuck them all they can suck bellinghams cock for all I care
Hope he is dropped by waistcoat, then he will be really up for it when the PL starts.

Fuck England, Fuck Southgate and Fuck Bellingham. They have no idea how to use Englands number one midfielder and they don’t fucking deserve to have our Phil the bunch of clueless useless cunts. I don’t listen to pundits because the majority are dicks with no fucking clue. I saw Phil with my own eyes last season like everyone else and he should be the central figure to that team. Bellingham and Southgate will destroy that group of players with their arrogance and in Southgate case his complete lack of player awareness.

Don't wrap it up in cotton wool mate! However, 100% spot on.

John Barnes was on TS this morning and when asked about Phil, he said that England won’t get the best out of him until they play him in his best position or to play more like City do.

No scapegoating like some on there, just said it how it was and that England won’t get the best out of players until they play to the teams strengths, which Southgate doesn’t allow.

Phil gets frustrated playing for England. No one will pass to him in the tight positions he regularly takes up for us.

On Sunday his frustration got to him and he did uncharacteristically gave the ball away numerous times in the second half. Pep would have pulled him for that.

However, Waistcoat should either drop him or play him at the ten and tell the fuckers to pass!

My view is nothing will change, he will be scapegoated and dropped after a draw or loss against Denmark and will be thrown on in the last 15 minutes when we are losing in the last 16 or QF.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.