Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

Foden will never be a left winger, and he's not really a natural number 10 playmaker in the way that David Silva used to dominate possession and control the flow.

He's a 15+ goals per season midfielder, which without penalties is absolutely phenomenal. Indeed, if he stays healthy, he might beat Alan Oakes' appearances and also Aguero's PL goals (he's already scored a third).

However, England don't have a Rodri controlling the tempo, and even Stones plays far deeper in tournament football.
Add to the mix, the lack of an inverted Doku/Grealish on the left or Bernardo on the right, plus Haaland stays where is (and gets belittled for lack of touches) whilst Kane follows the ball like a 10 year old.
Basically what you are saying is that City are far better as a team than England. Probably have a much better manager and hence Phil looks a much better player in blue. This is of course right but Phil will still be disappointed with his performances so far even if the management have not utilised him properly.

I was gobsmacked after the last England game. My brother who is a scum fan, posted on FB that Phil is a class above anyone else in the England team. Now, if you know his history, he spouts vile stuff about Citeh and hates anything that is connected to us. He got a lot of grief from his fellow scum friends, but fair play to him, he defended Phil admirably and I didn't have to interject.

I now think my brother has been cloned!!!

Surely anyone can see this is media picked shite. Taa? Mainoo, bellendingham.. none of them deserve to be in the team. Yet the media have (and still are) telling us they are the best.

Anyone seen "the Mainoo flick" being heralded on the BBC (probably with the help of Simon stone). Or talksport on how Bellingham being best in the world midfielder this morning.

It's pathetic.
Apparently Mainoo made one tackle in the last game. England will struggle against any half decent team if none of the midfielders want to tackle.

Basically what you are saying is that City are far better as a team than England. Probably have a much better manager and hence Phil looks a much better player in blue. This is of course right but Phil will still be disappointed with his performances so far even if the management have not utilised him properly.
Phil has still looked one of the better players for England, even though he's out of position and he has Jude Bellingham stood on his toes and next to him all the time. Admittedly no one has played well in England's midfield and forward line so it's a pretty low bar.

It is no surprise that many of Phil’s highlights have come from his (Premier League high) goals from outside the box, while cutting in on his left foot.

Kinda hard to do that from the left wing on a “sideways football” playing team that doesn’t look for that inside channel unless you could drive a tank through it.

We are seeing just how brilliant Pep’s teams exploit tight spaces and why technical expertise and space creation are two vital aspects of getting into any Pep team.

Look at Rice’s ball playing and you’ll see why Rodri is knee, thigh, chest, head and shoulders above him as a DM! Add Gallagher’s inability to hold, pass and receive the ball and you have an engine that isn’t working, so it’s making it hard for the transmission to get power to the wheels!

I was gobsmacked after the last England game. My brother who is a scum fan, posted on FB that Phil is a class above anyone else in the England team. Now, if you know his history, he spouts vile stuff about Citeh and hates anything that is connected to us. He got a lot of grief from his fellow scum friends, but fair play to him, he defended Phil admirably and I didn't have to interject.

I now think my brother has been cloned!!!

If you truly understand and enjoy football. Watching Foden be sidelined so golden boy Jude can fuck about in his position is genuinely painful to watch no matter who you support. I feel similar watching Rice while Mainoo and Wharton are on the bench (not quite as criminal as whats happening to Phil but fucking close)

It might be a lucky break for Phil if he is left iut of the starting line up against Slovakia. He would probably replace Jude in the 2nd half in his natural position.
It's never going to be Jude Bellingham left out is it. He is the teachers pet. The last match against Slovenia he was the worst midfielder on show and yet it was Phil who got hooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.