Philip Green

Well by that reckoning, judges are pointless and don't make any decisions.

Anybody can apply for anything they want. Applying for something is irrelevant.

The point, is that a judge decided that in the eyes of the law this would prejudice the case. Probably with extremely good reason.
I think it's universally accepted that money can buy you anything, even people's silence.

If he committed those criminal offences he should NOT have the right, by way of his immense wealth to buy people's silence. It is for the Courts to decide his guilt or innocence, not for a panel of judges to influencee the likelihood of him facing the charges.

The thread is titled Philip Green. It is very much about Philip Green and his actions. If it was titled Peter Hain abuses parliamentary privilidge you'd have a point.

It is all about Philip Green and his character.

I realise nuanced points appear to be beyond many on here, but I'd have thought it fairly obvious and apparent that the point being made was the feeling of concern about Peter Hain's actions are not about what Philip Green might or might not be.

Didn't think it needed spelling out, but ok.

I think it's universally accepted that money can buy you anything, even people's silence.

If he committed those criminal offences he should NOT have the right, by way of his immense wealth to buy people's silence. It is for the Courts to decide his guilt or innocence, not for a panel of judges to influencee the likelihood of him facing the charges.

But his wealth has nothing to do with it.

His team asked the judge to consider the idea that his case wouldn't be fair, the judge did and ruled that he wouldn't get a fair trial.

You can't buy off judges. That's a bit mad as an idea.

Then it was me who misunderstood!

No, I wasn't advocating any change or restriction to it, I don't think that's a good idea at all. It relies on MPs to be responsible about its use. I'm not sure Hain is being so here, that's all. A bit of a dodgy precedent really.

And he's not an MP any more!

I don't think I've seen Hain's reasoning of why it was important to name him.

Well there have been calls for Green to be stripped of his knighthood by some in parliament despite the fact he hasn't been convicted of anything,somehow though they allow archer a convicted criminal to remain in the lords,double standards?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.