Phill Dowd

d781b1f1-cec4-4e85-a1a2-81b31df6783c-460x276.jpeg
[bigimg]http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/put-the-pie-down-you-fat-bastard.png[/bigimg]

Dowd was a complete and utter twat yesterday, the game was played in atrocious conditions and both teams played hard and fair.

He did not need to book anyone yesterday but he chose to be an utter pillock.

Starting with Nasri's tackle that was not even a foul.

The only yellow I could not really argue with was Vinnie's shirt tug which he didn't need to do.

Milner did hoof the ball but as it was in injury time and had gone out of play Dowd only needed to add time - which he did. At full speed I did not see Dzeko handle the ball and Zabbas tackle was not dangerous.

Dowd has a history of incompetance as we know only too well - Richards hand ball at Anfield being a case in point. I really think "Old Red Nose" was spot on with his assessment of this particular official.

You did ask: "A caution for unsporting behaviour must be issued when a player holds an opponent to prevent him gaining possession of the ball or taking up an advantageous position"

Daft wording: why would you hold an opponent except to prevent him gaining possession of the ball? So it's usually interpreted as if the "or" was an "and". And Vinnie's card for holding an opponent going away from goal was ridiculous (and because our players tend not to go easily to ground when being held he could play advantage umpteen times but if the foul had been given you'd expect him to give a card). Obviously this rule doesn't apply at corners.

"There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
• deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession
• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball"

Again, daft wording: what does "blatantly" mean (to be different from "deliberately")? Does it mean that if the player concealed his deliberate handball he should't have a card? In which case how did the ref know he'd done it?

He saw everything yesterday.
He even saw Kolarov handball it!!! I mean Dzeko!!!
He gave Alex the yellow at first until Dzeko said it was me not him!!!
Home come he didn't book one of there players holding Dzeko in the centre of the field, yes he played on due to Edin played the ball off to team mate, but should have booked the player after. It's those things that annoy people.

Its in The Blood said:
He saw everything yesterday.
He even saw Kolarov handball it!!! I mean Dzeko!!!
He gave Alex the yellow at first until Dzeko said it was me not him!!!
Home come he didn't book one of there players holding Dzeko in the centre of the field, yes he played on due to Edin played the ball off to team mate, but should have booked the player after. It's those things that annoy people.
he also wasn't booking either of them until canas starting waving cards, who he then booked for that offence, before giving the little shit what he had asked for.
I have to watch the replays again, but I said at the time that he was looking at the dugout when nasri slid in and reacted to the crowd noise and he was miles away from play at times including the shelvey foul on nasri and the imaginary foul on milner for the last kick of the game, useless fat ****.

This fat little fucker's performance at Klanfield yesterday has gone almost unnoticed, but imagine, God forbid, if we had lost to West Ham. For a potential title deciding game, with the eyes of the world on you, most people wouldn't have the nerve to cheat so shamelessly, but Gutsy was undeterred. The Dummett sending off was merely unbelievable, but Ameobi's was conceived and executed entirely in Dowd's own head. I'm astonished there hasn't been a steward's enquiry, so naked in its intent was his performance

Read from Newcastle fans he gave Pool absolutely everything. Sent Ameobi off for being sarcastic:

Phil Dowd should just f**k right off, how is he an EPL referee? Got bullied into decisions by Liverpool players all game, never booked them for diving either.

Gerrard had a big say in the second red card, Dowd sucks up to superstars, that's why Shola went he wasn't a big enough name for Dowd to take lip off..

Alan Pardew feels that Phil Dowd failed to “manage” the game properly as Newcastle United lost 2-1 to Liverpool.

The Toon boss was bemused by Shola Ameobi’s red card and felt that Dowd misread the striker’s sarcastic response.

Pardew said in his post-game Press conference: “I know Shola.

“He doesn’t swear.

“I told the ref he doesn’t swear so how angry can he possibly get.

“I don’t actually know how angry you can get.

“He said: ‘If you carry on I am going to send you off’.

“Whether it was sarcastically I don’t know but Shola said: ‘You are going to send me off!’

“And he did.

“That’s sort of explanation that Phil gave me.

“So I think he should have managed that far better than that.

“It was shame.

“Liverpool then got two goals but with 10 men it was always going to be difficult.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.