Phill Dowd

In the rules of the game most of the yellows were correct. But should'nt the severity of the offence be taken into account. 1st Kompany a little tug of the shirt. Surely a talking to 1st. Fouls which are'nt leg breakers take conditions into account. The yellow cards handed out today were wrong. If right the 7 cards shown should have been handed out to all players. Not 1 did not break a rule it is impossible not to at some time or other. Did only Vinnie have a tug on a shirt. Did only Milner kick the ball away. No Dowd see's what he wants to see & should be made to step down. The championship should not have to put up with the shit we don't want. He would'nt get any better there.

mcfcbj said:
strongbowholic said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Kompany's was for a shirt tug on half way with the opponent heading back toward his own goal. A joke yellow card. Nasri's was for an innocuous non-dangerous tackle that the player rode. Again, a very harsh yellow. Dzeko's was a soft handball as well, miles from goal heading back up the touch line. A free kick certainly, but never merited a card. Oh, and the fat fcuk got in the way of play 3 or 4 times as well. A 5/10 performance at best.
Shelvey got his for a wild slide tackle that Nasri jumped out of the way of
Bottom line is though mate, within the laws of the game a shirt tug preventing the player progressing is a foul and a yellow card. Handball is a yellow card.

Like I say, I can see why some are annoyed at him, but he did ok overall. Granted not a 10/10 performance by any stretch but certainly better than 5/10.

Where in the laws does it say that a shirt tug or a handball are yellow cards?

Law 12 mate. Both are cautionable offences for unsporting behaviour.

However, note changes in italics to the rule on 'holding' in law 12 for this season:

With the exception of Martin Skrtel, holding an opponent includes the act of preventing him from moving past or
around using the hands, the arms or the body. Skrtel may only be penalised in the event of the opponent's death.

Re: Phil Dowd

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
In the rules of the game most of the yellows were correct. But should'nt the severity of the offence be taken into account. 1st Kompany a little tug of the shirt. Surely a talking to 1st. Fouls which are'nt leg breakers take conditions into account. The yellow cards handed out today were wrong. If right the 7 cards shown should have been handed out to all players. Not 1 did not break a rule it is impossible not to at some time or other. Did only Vinnie have a tug on a shirt. Did only Milner kick the ball away. No Dowd see's what he wants to see & should be made to step down. The championship should not have to put up with the shit we don't want. He would'nt get any better there.

Exactly, that's what peeves me off. No consistency with both sets of players, with City as usual getting the harsher treatment. I've no problem with getting penalised for fouls etc. but it's when punishment's distributed unevenly that I get annoyed.

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Did only Milner kick the ball away.
Did he even "kick the ball away" ? He was going at pretty much full speed to keep the ball in, in very wet conditions, the ball had only just crossed the line, and the whistle wasn't blown to my knowledge. It was a ridiculous booking, plain and simple.

Kompany's would have been a yellow just because it was such a blatent foul to stop an opponent.

As for Zab ? he just made a tackle, didn't catch their player, it was barely a foul given the conditions, and it wasn't for an accumulation of fouls.

Dzeko for the handball I think was right, though you see them not given as much as they are.

cleavers said:
gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Did only Milner kick the ball away.
Did he even "kick the ball away" ? He was going at pretty much full speed to keep the ball in, in very wet conditions, the ball had only just crossed the line, and the whistle wasn't blown to my knowledge. It was a ridiculous booking, plain and simple.

Kompany's would have been a yellow just because it was such a blatent foul to stop an opponent.

As for Zab ? he just made a tackle, didn't catch their player, it was barely a foul given the conditions, and it wasn't for an accumulation of fouls.

Dzeko for the handball I think was right, though you see them not given as much as they are.

Yeah the Milner one torqued me right off. As cleavers says, he was chasing the ball at full speed in the rain. Plus it was about 1/10th as egregious as about 5 times Swansea players kicked the ball after the whistle on the day.

Plus, one of the first rules of officiating is that you need to know your players. That's Milner's game. 100% energy chasing everything down, etc. I cannot imagine - even being ridiculously biased in his favour - that Milner was doing that as a time-wasting measure. That just isn't him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.