Phone Thread

Looking to get a new phone and been offered a free Samsung Galaxy J5, any good.
All phones are free now depending on what you are prepared to spend monthly.
Try some of the online sites like mobilephonesdirect,mobiles.co.uk smartfonestore etc,as they are a lot cheaper than going direct,even a lot cheaper than carphonewarehouse.
The j5 is a budget phone,shouldn't cost you much monthly,depending on plan.

If you upgrade or buy in store at Currys with Carphone Warehouse you'll get £50 ready to spend on a Currys card.
Doesn't apply to Carphone high street or online.

Samung Note7. Marvellous phone, but unfortunately its banned on most flights so I am shortly going to have to return it for a refund. Still can't work out what to get instead. I don't like the S8 / S8+ I think they are a stupid shape and going for a 18:9 format was a potty design choice.

Anyone with 3 or Tesco Mobile? How do they compare to the bigger providers?

Thinking of leaving EE if they cannot give me a good deal.

Tesco are on o2 network, fine if you live in a town or city. Get Into rural areas and you're sometimes lucky to get any signal. Many 20 odd year old 2G(voice and text ) Cell sites on all networks still in the UK. Like Kevin Baconface says in the adverts, EE are the best network. They have THE best and quickest 4G frequency(2600 MHz Fibre optic run antennas) in The UK, and along with Hutchison 3, are currently investing the most in upgrading sites.

Last edited:

They never give good deals nowadays,like I said mobilephonesdirect or mobiles.co.uk can often cut them in half and even better deals if you sign up to their emails

S7 Edge for me. Long left the iPhone behind and have no regrets. Android wins hands down for me.

Anyone replaced battery on an iphone 6? Thinking of passing it to a relative when I upgrade within a couple of weeks.

Only other experience of replacing a battery (in an iphone 4s) wasn't v. good despite buying it from a recommended seller on ebay - the battery life from the start was like what it should be 6-12 months onwards.

Don't mind paying a good price for the new battery, as can get someone to fit it cheaply (i replaced it myself with the iphone 4s, and don't fancy it this time)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.