Pictures of your Dog

That's tough. It'd be nearly easier to take if he'd been ill. Dogs do unfortunately have a habit of "eating" any old crap they find. He was a handsome so and so, wasn't he? How old was he, if you don't mind me asking?
He was 6

So sorry to hear of your loss, @Kippax77 . The passing of a dog in any circumstance is very difficult. My dogs regularly spend time on the beach and, only this week, found a rotting fish carcass and spent a good few minutes rolling in it and eating it. Last week, Blue ate a starfish. The freedom and joy you gave your dog with a trip to the beach was part of the good life you provided. Devastatingly bad luck is what happened, and it could just as easily happen to either of my dogs because I give them those experiences too. I send my best wishes and thoughts.

So sorry to hear of your loss, @Kippax77 . The passing of a dog in any circumstance is very difficult. My dogs regularly spend time on the beach and, only this week, found a rotting fish carcass and spent a good few minutes rolling in it and eating it. Last week, Blue ate a starfish. The freedom and joy you gave your dog with a trip to the beach was part of the good life you provided. Devastatingly bad luck is what happened, and it could just as easily happen to either of my dogs because I give them those experiences too. I send my best wishes and thoughts.
Thanks.
Means alot

It's with such a heavy heart that we've had to say goodbye to our big boy,Oban on Friday night, our last night of our holiday in Cowal Scotland.
Love and miss you dearly big lad,
Mummy & Daddy Kippax xxxx
R.I.P
What an absolute stunner and a gorgeous photo.

Sorry for your loss mate. Tragic.

Cheers pal.
No he was fit and well but had been on the beach digging and swimming.
We found out 24 hours later he went off his food and water so got him to a vets in Dunoon.
They told us his heart rate was sky high, he was very dehydrated and had high temperature.
They rang us back a few hours later to tell us no change to medication they gave him but also they knew some kind of blockage in his intestines.
After an Xray they rang to confirm that its was probably a ball of sand and water mixture that had solidified and stuck there.
He deteriorated rapidly and Luke the vet said he wasn't well enough to operate on, that he wouldn't of made it.
So at 10 o clock on our last night we had to give permission for him to let him go.
Something so simple of him playing around on the beach has ended up taking him from us.
I was giving both my Shepherds bottled water in their bowls at the car so they wouldn't drink sea water, but can't stop thinking have I contributed in some way.
But like Mrs K says Cassie our woman is OK it was just a freak occurance to him digging a big hole in the sand for him to bury his stick and he took too much sand on board.
A shit ending for such a big fit dog.
gutted for you mate. Beautiful dog

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.