Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

+1

But with Pep in charge now, I'm confident that we're in great position to sign Aubameyang if Dortmund are offering at all reasonable terms. For the first time we have a genius manager in charge of signings with pretty much a blank check.

If we don't sign Aubameyang it will be because it's not to our advantage to do so under the terms offered by Dortmund.

or because we won't pay the fee, or because the player has a better offer from another club or because he would prefer to stay at Dortmund......all possible. Yes we are in a great position to sign him but the Laporte non transfer should teach us not to count on anyone signing until its official from the club(s).

or because we won't pay the fee, or because the player has a better offer from another club or because he would prefer to stay at Dortmund......all possible. Yes we are in a great position to sign him but the Laporte non transfer should teach us not to count on anyone signing until its official from the club(s).
To reiterate

"But with Pep in charge now, I'm confident that we're in great position to sign Aubameyang if Dortmund are offering at all reasonable terms."

Explicit is that the offer is on reasonable terms.

If the player won't sign for us (e.g., he wants to play for Dortmund and won't leave for anyone but Madrid or Barca, and we're there just as a negotiating tatic), the offer isn't reasonable. If the fee is ridiculous the offer isn't reasonable. Etc.

I'm not saying that we're guaranteed to sign him... I'm saying that we almost certainly will under conditions of a reasonable offer (the player actually is willing to sign for us and the fee isn't exorbitant).

In other words, I'm confident that if Pep wants him, that the club will try their best to sign him. And I'm confident that Pep will stay on top of this to make sure it happens if at all possible.

Under Mancini/Pellers... I had no confidence whatsoever that we'd manage to sign anyone we were interested in - not the fault of Mancini for sure and to a lesser extent Pellers since neither manager had a great deal of control over signings and since FFP hampered us in the transfer windows.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe they'll let Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang leave this summer on top of Gundogan and Hummels....which is why I'd like to see us move quickly for Aubameyang...He's not at the euros so no reason we cant get this deal done if we serious....our only issue is that Mkhitaryan is in final year of his deal so Dortmund might feel thats the one they need to sort out first...?

Whilst it seems unlikely they'd willingly let four key players leave in one window, equally I can't imagine Aubameyang would be particularly minded to stay as they sell their best players, especially with a lucrative offer from City on the table. I imagine it'll drag on for most of the summer though, similar to De Bruyne.

Whilst it seems unlikely they'd willingly let four key players leave in one window, equally I can't imagine Aubameyang would be particularly minded to stay as they sell their best players, especially with a lucrative offer from City on the table. I imagine it'll drag on for most of the summer though, similar to De Bruyne.
If we are signing him It would be nice to get him in a bit earlier than KDB if Aguero has his late start after the Copa. We will have a qualifier to play for the CL.

I find it hard to believe they'll let Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang leave this summer on top of Gundogan and Hummels....which is why I'd like to see us move quickly for Aubameyang...He's not at the euros so no reason we cant get this deal done if we serious....our only issue is that Mkhitaryan is in final year of his deal so Dortmund might feel thats the one they need to sort out first...?
Yup. And he'd be cheaper. Wouldn't mind Mkh-t to be fair.

Borussia Dortmund sporting director: "Mkhitaryan won't extend his contract".

Will they really sell Gundogan, Hummels, Mkhitaryan, and Aubameyang in one window??

Why do they all leave this seemingly great club with incredible support? Do they pay their players in bits of string?

I've been to Dortmund forums quite regularly lately and from what I observed,they are not really pleased with their CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke .
When the news broke out, unlike most of us here, they seemed rather not shocked, and one of them stated that he's not surprised because Watzke pays his players, and I quote, "wages of a slave".

I've also read somewhere that Dortmund itself is a small and boring city, which could be the reason why some of the players don't settle there quite as well.

I've been to Dortmund forums quite regularly lately and from what I observed,they are not really pleased with their CEO, Hans-Joachim Watzke .
When the news broke out, unlike most of us here, they seemed rather not shocked, and one of them stated that he's not surprised because Watzke pays his players, and I quote, "wages of a slave".

I've also read somewhere that Dortmund itself is a small and boring city, which could be the reason why some of the players don't settle there quite as well.

Nice update. Ty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.