Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I agree with most. I think he would be a perfect addition.

Perfect striker for our team, has the height we need up front, pace and ability to find the net.

Not being keen to have the added dimensions of a proper cf & cb is Pep's biggest weakness imo.

If he compromised just a little on that, we would clean up I think. We have the squad to play 'traditional' football as good as anyone, as well as Pepball if we went for extra strength/pace/power in those positions.

But it appears as if we are not willing to do that.
The likes of mangala and andy carroll would be shite in our setup. Its okay to have players of a different style, but they need to be top quality, like chiellini or even ibrahimovic (spits)

The likes of mangala and andy carroll would be shite in our setup. Its okay to have players of a different style, but they need to be top quality, like chiellini or even ibrahimovic (spits)

Doesn't need to be Andy Carrol, to get on the end of a header.

And ino pace is also desired, especially at the back.

Not being keen to have the added dimensions of a proper cf & cb is Pep's biggest weakness imo.

If he compromised just a little on that, we would clean up I think. We have the squad to play 'traditional' football as good as anyone, as well as Pepball if we went for extra strength/pace/power in those positions.

Spot on Neville. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting we buy couple of buses and park 'em in the goalmouth (Maureen style) but I do think a bit òf pragmatism, when required, wouldnt go amiss

Spot on Neville. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting we buy couple of buses and park 'em in the goalmouth (Maureen style) but I do think a bit òf pragmatism, when required, wouldnt go amiss

We could still play possession football & still do crosses.

Mendy has just effectively proved that, hitting a lot of balls in first time, yet we still dominated the ball. If Drogba aged 25 had been brought on rather than a Sergio (or Sanchez) we would win the game much easier without losing much in aesthetics imo.

Got to agree with all that mate.

Giroud?

Most of his goals seem to come from crosses or just being in the right place at the right time. Great talent, shame its probs bs...

Pace would be wasted v PTB but good on the counter I guess.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.