Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Gundogan to get the ball to De Bruyne all day long, De Bruyne to get the ball to Kun and Aubameyang all day long. City to score goals all day long.

Really not sure about this, he's a phenomenal player of course but I really don't think we need to reinforce the striker position, this just reminds me of past transfer windows where we keep buying more and more attacking players only for us to lose or draw numerous games because we refuse to reinforce our midfield and fullbacks.

Besides that this adds yet another attacking player who'll expect to start every game, I just can't fit all of Aguero, Aubameyang, De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling into one lineup.

I'd say we absolutely do need to reinforce the striking position. Assuming that Bony will be sold, we have an injury prone Aguero, a raw 19 year old Nigerian, and, erm, that's it.....

Gundogan alone isn't enough to reinforce the midfield in my opinion. We waved goodbye to the two-man midfield along with Pellegrini, Gundogan and Fernandinho are the only great midfielders we have, Fernando has also been good but I doubt he'll nail down a starting role in Pep's system and Delph has been a big dissapointment imo. Our depth is also pitiful when you consider that Gundogan and Delph have dubious injury records. Unless the plan is to convert Silva to a midfielder (which wouldn't work at all in my opinion) then I just can't fit a proper midfield together.

My biggest worry remains our fullbacks though, as it's been for the past 3 or 4 years. The striker position really is the least of my worries and certainly isn't in a situation where we need to splash £58m on improving it.
I thought Silva was a midfielder, and don't forget Nasri, still expect to sign somebody else though.

I'm happy that we're shopping early and at the top end of the food chain too but seriously... at this rate, I'm going to have to take some sort of elocution lessons, just to read next year's team sheet.

*sighs and yearns for the days of Nat, Tommy and Big Dave... Jumpers for goalposts... Ooh, someone's mum is calling them... Five more minutes, mum!? It's next goal wins, now..!*

Nearly spat my drink out as i read that!!!! I totally agree with that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.