Pinch me

I do miss being 90% of people's second club to be honest think 15 years ago everyone had a wee soft spot for us. Now everyone seems to hate us with a passion and feel sorry for the rags because they hired jose. I remember the days of dreaming that with a little bit of luck and a decent league cup draw we could make a final and anything can happen in a final. Always love the league cup for that reason it was the trophy I believed every year we had a chance of winning.
Great post blue. I feel very similar. I love the league cup, we won in twice in our good days. ( well 76 was still the good days)
Now won it twice followed by the fucking league.

Probably true about some other fans hate us now but its mostly the usual suspects. Football does go round in circles, we know it, hopefully they can’t remember it. Here’s hoping I’ve popped off before it changes again. :).

I remember meeting a new woman on my travels and living a fair distance away she decides to come up to Manchester because my birthday is on February 13th and the next day is Valentines day. A nice sexy romantic weekend in prospect. Of course knowing my love for City she wanted to go to Maine Road while she was here to see what I loved so much and feel closed to me ( Bless lol!) So I got two tickets.....the game the 0-1 voted one of the worst games in City's history. She couldn't believe the guy running on the pitch and ripping up his season ticket and as we huddled against the cold watching another miserable showing she said, "Why do you put yourself through this?? I'm no football expert but even I know this is dreadful!" She was right.

If anyone told me almost twenty years later I would be watching football like Sunday played by a City team I would have said you were insane. We had an old saying back in the dark days. "Keep the faith." We did and this is our reward.

I remember meeting a new woman on my travels and living a fair distance away she decides to come up to Manchester because my birthday is on February 13th and the next day is Valentines day. A nice sexy romantic weekend in prospect. Of course knowing my love for City she wanted to go to Maine Road while she was here to see what I loved so much and feel closed to me ( Bless lol!) So I got two tickets.....the game the 0-1 voted one of the worst games in City's history. She couldn't believe the guy running on the pitch and ripping up his season ticket and as we huddled against the cold watching another miserable showing she said, "Why do you put yourself through this?? I'm no football expert but even I know this is dreadful!" She was right.

If anyone told me almost twenty years later I would be watching football like Sunday played by a City team I would have said you were insane. We had an old saying back in the dark days. "Keep the faith." We did and this is our reward.

Good story but you failed to finish it. I’m picturing you arriving at the Etihad nowadays with two supermodels on your arm. Parking up: “Can I mind your Bentley mister?” Bollinger, balti pie and tit wanks at half time.

No wonder you kept the faith.

There is but one reason why we are seeing the quality of football we experienced on Sunday, why we have players that football fans could only drool over or covet, why we have a manager regarded as the best in the business, and an owner who has showered us with the best the game can have - we deserve it all!
We’re all glory hunting plastics don’t forget, well we keep getting told that.

Think the bitterness from the press got to the players as well as the fans. It's like their achievements in recent years were being completely undermined, so that this needed to be a statement win, with the statement being 'judge us on the pitch'. Merlin certainly celebrated his goal with incredible zeal, running right into the crowd - there was a lot of passion out there. What a wonderful statement it was - the rags were a shambles with nothing to offer.

That was a great celebration for the goal and if you watch it back have a look at Bernardo.. he was absolutely loving it. He is rapidly becoming one of my favourites.

Great post blue. I feel very similar. I love the league cup, we won in twice in our good days. ( well 76 was still the good days)
Now won it twice followed by the fucking league.

Probably true about some other fans hate us now but its mostly the usual suspects. Football does go round in circles, we know it, hopefully they can’t remember it. Here’s hoping I’ve popped off before it changes again. :).
It's crazy to think awhile ago we were dreaming about having a decent league cup run with abit of luck and now we are one the favourites to win the champions league. Crazy

iu

Think the bitterness from the press got to the players as well as the fans. It's like their achievements in recent years were being completely undermined, so that this needed to be a statement win, with the statement being 'judge us on the pitch'. Merlin certainly celebrated his goal with incredible zeal, running right into the crowd - there was a lot of passion out there. What a wonderful statement it was - the rags were a shambles with nothing to offer.
At the time I was thinking "I bet that celebration was in response to the vile shit being spouted about City using his personal/family issue with his son for propaganda purposes." A proper "FUCK YOU" celebration and the rest joined in with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.