Pitch invasion

I’m pretty sure from memory there was a pitch invasion after we drew 0-0 with Huddersfield after already winning the league or have I lost my mind?

I remember a pitch invasion against Birmingham when we hadn’t gone up. Still needed to beat Blackburn!

I don’t have any issue with pitch invasions but the goalposts thing was just ridiculous and I’d be happy to see any of those dicks get a ban.

Need to clear the pitch quicker too. Go on if you must, have a little jig then get off. No need to linger for 20 mins.
You are right, one of the worst games I've seen since the takeover, a real dead rubber. No excuses of "emotion" and "passion" after that drab non event.

The worst pitch invasion I have ever personally witnessed was Pleat's fooking silly jig. It was over an hour before I finally left Maine Road. Just sat there in tears. My god how things have wonderfully changed.
Yes.. what a wanker he was. White shoes and fawn slacks. Kerb crawling uniform.

Think the “assault” on the Villa keeper was greatly exaggerated, but shoving him was totally unnecessary. You’ve got to be a bit of a dickhead to be confronting players when you’ve just won the league. And, to a lesser extent, snapping the goalposts too. Think some of the pontificating about pitch invasions generally is a bit much though. Wigan ‘99, Birmingham ‘00, West Ham ‘14 were great experiences that I’ll always cherish (I sadly didn’t make it on to the pitch against QPR in 2012).

I did go on briefly yesterday, mainly because my lad had gone on a few minutes before and thought I’d try and find him in case he got nabbed by a steward. I’m getting too old to be hurdling advertising hoardings, but he was absolutely buzzing so I’m not going to begrudge the younger generations having their moments.
There would be some "pontificating" if some kid got trampled and ended up looking like Noel Gallagher did after accidently bumping into Dias's dad. There is a very fine margin between fun and tragedy. Why not comply with the wishes of the club we claim to support and stay off the pitch.

Not entirely sure this isn't sarcasm but if it's not, talk about an exaggeration. Pitch invasions in celebration aren't new they've been happening for decades and decades and nobody has come close to being killed by one. Some moron barely touched a keeper, and a bunch of idiots broke a post that would likely have been replaced anyway. it wasn't exactly Brian clough sucker punching anybody running past him levels of carnage was it.
All it takes for serious damage is one or two to fall and then comes the knock on effect. By inserting "in celebration" you cleverly deflect from the reality that there are numerous worlwide examples of serious injuries and deaths by crowd behaviour at football matches, a simple google search will do and not all due to riots etc. People denied the possibility of crushes due to overcrowding, they were very wrong, why go down the route of denying the potential dangers of pitch invasions.

Miserable twats. It was always going to happen if we won and it was great. I'm guessing the moaners are people who either wasn't there or was sat in cbl3 and already annoyed at not being able to leave 10 minutes before the end was angry at having to wait a further 10 minutes for the pitch to clear.
I'm guessing some twats are more interested in self indulgance that the welfare of the club or club supporters.

Pitch invasion, erm celebration really, was fine. Utter nonsense.

There's always gonna be a few on the nasty with all the emotion. Not right though and opposing player at that not right.

Gonna need to be examined so player safety is at the utmost but pitch invasions stays put. Matches of that magnitude should require different security detail should City win (which apparently they usually do in dramatic fashion).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.