PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

In 2014 I thought we were inncocent.

In 2020 I thought we were subject to overreach.

In 2023, it's very difficult to keep thinking they've done nothing wrong.

I have literally seen the contract Mancini signed that says he'll get paid an extra £1.75m per year from Al-Jazira, so when the Premier League charges the club with not disclosing full remuneration of the manager during Mancini's time, it takes an incredibly blinkered person to believe the charges are unfounded.
If that contract with Al-Jazira was noted on his contract with us ( as you say) and if we returned that contract in its entirety to the PL and FA, we have disclosed the manager’s remuneration correctly. The contract with Mansour was signed before we employed Bobby, so the question might arise if we knew it was for no work or his employment with us was conditional (at his insistence) on his contract with Mansour staying in place.
There is also the question of privity of contract, under which we are a third party not responsible for any liability arising from it.
So there are many issues to be settled on this charge. I’m betting this one will fall.

The statement is powerful in that we must be very very confident in our position to be so assured
As always mate.
Do you really think the guys we have in charge, who are worth billions, would want to put themselves and their reputation at risk by being shady and running the club on false pretences?

I'm confident we have done nothing wrong, again, and this is the overspill of all the UEFA shite.

City should hold its own investigation into the PL and PGMOl, i am sure they would find something.
But after years and years of shit slung our way, this news just has me shrugging my shoulders, past giving a shit anymore as its been a witch hunt against us for close to a decade.
If we have broken the rules then the club deserves what it gets but thats a big IF as we know the hateful 8 are behind this.

I'm sure there was pressure from other parties last week to pressure the Premier League to get on with it.

This today is it I believe. In effect they are saying "this is what weve found, it's a shed load of minor offences (that all clubs would have if we investigated for 5 years) and that's it". In effect the ball is over to City to hit away and the pressure is off the Premier League from the vulture clubs.

City will defend it, token fine and hand slap awarded, shit will stick and regardless of however long passes we will be known as cheats with no fans! All a bit pathetic really, but that's the behaviour greed generates.
They will also have to prove that all other clubs have been investigated to the same degree, we will want to see evidence that we are being treated fairly and that other clubs have not been doing the same thing as us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.