PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He is a member of Arsenal, one of our chief accusers. This appointment cannot stand. There are plenty of barristers (and baristas come to that) who are competent at this sort of thing but not football fans.
I remember Stefan talking about this issue.

He mixes with barristers and judges, and the one thing that always astonished him was that these highly intelligent legal eagles completely lost the plot when talking football, and were incapable of rational debate on the topic.

So this Arsenal loving ‘independent’ Commissioner will arrive at the hearing having been well briefed by the FA and his Arsenal colleagues.

Therefore I highly doubt we will get a fair hearing on all these matters.

Litigation drags on at the best of times but with that many alleged offences this will drag on for years, particularly when we can take an appeal through the UK courts. A can or worms has been opened up and I don’t the PL are yet aware of the consequences, particularly as I suspect they may find themselves as a defendant when we make counter claims of bias given their reluctance to investigate other clubs. With that many charges perhaps they are hoping for effectively a settlement without it proceeding to commission - we pay a fine without accepting any guilt and the matters put to bed. Otherwise I suspect Pandora’s box is about to be opened and the PL certainly won’t want that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.