PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The issue, I think, wasn't whether Etihad paid MCFC, it was if ADUG had provided the funds to Etihad to pay MCFC.

IIRC, ADUG''s auditors analysed all company payments over a certain amount (USD 250K?) and reported that none were paid to Etihad or related companies. So that should have been that, really.
Is there reference to this in the CAS report? It seems to ring a bell

You are right of course but my understanding is that to stay within FFP regs we committed the fraud.

Normally fraud means taking money away from accounts ie stealing but in our case money claimed to be added.

Am I wrong?
If you post income or expenditure to an inapproprpriate account in order to increase available spending under ffp, that may be fraud.

didnt we want to use the time barred documents but wernt allowed?
Yes and hopefully the evidence is overwhelming in our favour. The league doesn’t know what proof we have, hence no cooperation. For them to come out swinging like they have, they must have received encouragement from the CAS findings.

As I said, trying to go after city for issues that CAS did not rule on. Who on the CAS panel or Uefa is feeding the info to the league?

I just hope the "irrefutable evidence" we have is in fact statements from both the concerned banks, I believe MCFC use Barclays. As the PL process is not criminal I don't know if the Banks are obliged to produce evidence. However either the contentious £59 million was sent from Etihad Airway's to MCFC or is wasn't. Lets stop all this bull shit and this frenzy in the MSM. From my own puny experience of dealing with HMRC re Corporation Tax and VAT the Bank statements are gospel. This whole thing is about financial transactions, forget all the shit being sprayed around, so where are the frickin statements ?. Etihad Airways is a billion dollar company it must by LAW keep records of it bank transactions.

UEFA weren't disputing that Etihad paid MCFC, they were alleging that ADUG gave the money to Etihad to pay MCFC. This, apparently, would be part of a conspiracy to fraudulently increase sponsorship income at MCFC, presumably over and above what Etihad could have paid without the funds from ADUG.

Don't buy it myself, but I think that was the crux of it.

If you post income or expenditure to an inapproprpriate account in order to increase available spending under ffp, that may be fraud.

Yes, I am finally getting round to reconciling, in my mind at least, the conflict I had between fraudulent behaviour and "true and fair" accounts. Taken me a while to get there, and one or two maulings from our legal eagles, but I am happy with where I am now. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.