PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

can i ask from those that know, we know the basics of the charges which we can see on the list but why arnt the exact charges made clear, why should we have to wait when we have to prepare defence? they want our paperwork on the 23rd so why cant we have theirs on the 23rd and how can we defend something when we dont know exactly what it is were defending? only what it relates to

I keep wondering the same thing. Surely we need to know what we're defending ourselves on before we can mount an actual defence?

He hasn't. If he had, his lawyers would be screaming it from the rooftops to try and reinforce their defence that he's a whistleblower and not a thief and a blackmailer.
Just seems funny that the PL have said email information is admissible, I realise that emails cover all sort of information, but so does Der Spiegels file off Pinto?

can i ask from those that know, we know the basics of the charges which we can see on the list but why arnt the exact charges made clear, why should we have to wait when we have to prepare defence? they want our paperwork on the 23rd so why cant we have theirs on the 23rd and how can we defend something when we dont know exactly what it is were defending? only what it relates to
The PL statement obviously isn't the only communication between the two parties. That was only made in the first place because of the high court judgement that it 'was in the public interest' to make it public that anything was being investigated in the first place (I think you can thank the daily mail for that). Everything else is going to be confidential.

He hasn't. If he had, his lawyers would be screaming it from the rooftops to try and reinforce their defence that he's a whistleblower and not a thief and a blackmailer.
Yeah, he has no credibility surely being a convicted extortionist….

Just to be clear, Rui Pinto didn't give this information to UEFA or the PL, he gave it to a European group of investigative reporters (I think after he was being investigated for hacking) which is where Der Spiegel got their information (I think that's the right way around). Both UEFA and the PL only had access to the online media reproductions of them, exactly the same way any of us have seen them. CAS only accepted them because we (eventually) supplied the originals.
And I think I'm right in saying they had been edited for publication, with the originals being very different.

I wouldn't give them a single document even it was specifically related to something they got wrong. Make them work for everything. Make them detail every single charge, with everything they have (or don't have). Even if we have comprehensive and conclusive evidence, don't produce it until the last minute to torpedo them - cannot trust the slippery fucks. Don't rush to disprove something when they may ask us later for something we can't disprove, and look guilty because of the precedent we set.

I'm not sure they have subpoena power, so just like with UEFA, let them do all the work and then if all they are left with is 'failure to cooperate' that's a big loss for them, especially as we would spin it as 'wouldn't cooperate with a witch-hunt'. Then hopefully sue them for damages (or more likely store it up as leverage later) and get it in front of a more legitimate court/tribunal.

That trumped up charge list must be padded with things we refused to cooperate over, so they are "charging" us to try and get to the evidence they think might exist, but can't be sure. There is no way they have evidence for everything they are claiming. It's a shock and awe fishing expedition. Fuck them.

I really think we'll pretty much own the league when this is over.

Just to be clear, Rui Pinto didn't give this information to UEFA or the PL, he gave it to a European group of investigative reporters (I think after he was being investigated for hacking) which is where Der Spiegel got their information (I think that's the right way around). Both UEFA and the PL only had access to the online media reproductions of them, exactly the same way any of us have seen them. CAS only accepted them because we (eventually) supplied the originals.
Yes an the online emails were “doctored” correct? The originals when we produced them, were not even challenged by UEFA @ CAS?

If someone asked Neville where the Salford City commercial revenue ranked in League 2 against more established clubs I’d love to see how he can explain why without contradicting himself.

Commercial revenue is a result of 1) brand awareness 2) immediate visibility and 3) potential growth of both.

1) Theres not a football fan globally that is aware of united but not aware of city. EQUAL
2) City are more immediately visible than united because they have better players, play more important games and win more. CITY
3) City are growing faster than United, reaching an increasing number of people for the first time and CFG is important to that. CITY

Then you get into the unfair reasons. 4) Business is all about who you know and taking advantage of those relationships for mutual benefit and 5) Not everyone is equal at selling their own brand.

4) City is a tiny part of a massive investment strategy. Our owner and chairman are some of the most well connected people globally. They have more weight in a boardroom than a glazer does. No one outside the US has a clue or cares who he is.
Why were salford sponsored by sky sports in their early years. Why is Wrexham sponsored by TikTok. Because their owners knew people and got good business for their clubs. City is no different. CITY
5) Our Chairman is the CEO of an investment company managing $284bn in assets globally. Ed woowar who was CEO at united 2013-2021 was an accountant and investment banker that hadnt worked outside United since 2005. Who of those is more likely to have better skills or experience. CITY

There are so many logical reasons our commercial revenue is higher.
The most logical and simple reasoning is far less difficult to process. Biggest TV & Prize revenue = highest commercial revenues in every other league…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.