PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Can anyone tell me , I’m not being a **** by the way , the guy whose emails were hacked ( in regard to these accusations) is he still working at MCFC ?
If the answer is yes, what difference will it make?
If the answer is no, what difference will it make?

I am not a Manchester City expert. But the first difference is that Bayern is owned to 75 % with a majority by their own fans whereas the companies that have shares are stock traded companies with minority shares - no possibility to really influence something. The companies are totally independent from the others. Bayern wanted to get some money to build the stadium and Campus and therefore sold some of their shares to companies that since ages are sponsors. And for the companies it is a good and solid investment.

Again - there is no related parties - no majority shares. There is no reason to check that because of the different construction. It would be totally different if this would be majority shares.

But I know that other German clubs - like Leipzig and Wolfsburg get checked thourougly like City is. But we talk about different owner constructions... And when I see Salzburg and Leipzig and how they trade a lot of their players I am suspicious, too.
Of course Bayern are clean.
No way they would have people running the club who have been prosecuted for tax offences and bribery.

Can anyone tell me , I’m not being a **** by the way , the guy whose emails were hacked ( in regard to these accusations) is he still working at MCFC ?
There were lots of guys & gals who got their emails hacked, in fact every club employee with an email address connected to the club

So to answer: some will & some won’t

Why are you repeating the same thing? It’s NOT one guy, it was every fucker

I cannot understand the image rights issue.
From your explanation it seems to me the image rights company is paying twice - buying the rights off City and then paying out to the players?
How does that work commercially?
City, the PL or anyone else who uses our players images, pays the image rights company for the privilege.

The image rights company then pays the players their agreed percentage. The players then pay the income tax due.

Wouldn’t have thought so. They’ll just check that they’re a true reflection of the books.
In which case is it possible that accounts can be correct from a legal and accounting perspective but not comply with FFP?
IMO this could have important implications as to whether we are being accused of falsifying accounts ( as some have stated) or simply failing to comply with FFP which are two entirely different issues.

I think there are just three substantive issues behind these charges:
  1. Mancini's contract,
  2. Sponsorships,
  3. Image rights.
That's it. All derive from the Der Spiegel allegations. For each of those issues, there are charges covering multiple rules over multiple years.

Based on those, there are charges derived about incorrect accounts, because if any of those three are proven, our accounts may have been misstated. That again covers multiple rules over multiple years.

If our accounts have been misstated, then that may well contravene FFP (more charges over multiple years) and the P&L's own rules (more charges over multiple years).

Then there's the multiple rules around non-cooperation, each covering multiple years with a separate charge for each year. If you count each charge, for each individual year, there are 127 of them according to my reckoning.

But in the end, it comes down to these three things.

- Was Mancini's contract a sham?
- Were our sponsorships inflated or used to disguise owner investment?
- Were we wrong to sell those image rights and have a third party pay them?

I think they'll really struggle to land the first two, leaving image rights as the only one they've got any sort of hope of bringing home. And that might be a slim hope, if we've got all the legal and financial issues tied up tight. And as both Stefan and I have said, if those three issues aren't proven, then pretty well everything else should fall by the wayside, bar maybe the non-cooperation one.
Ta for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.