PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Anyone know if auditors of PL clubs are responsible for ensuring not only that club accounts are accurate but also that they comply with FFP?
Seems to me that either way this could be very significant not only in itself but obviously in our case vs the PL.

Because, and this is an unpalatable truth, there is a vested, determined, interest from the rest of the game in this country to hang, draw, and quarter this club, and these owners, to such an extent that Sheik Mansour is forced to sell the club as well as have the very future of the club put into grave doubt. See the press and broadcast media from the moment we were charges by uefa, up to the moment we were exonerated (and we WERE exonerated) by CAS.
The English, and wider European, football establishment simply will NOT accept successful club owners from the Arabian peninsula, and the Muslim faith. They simply will not.

Make no mistake, this club is right now in a fight for its very existence. It is existential. And the people who own and run our club have known so since the day they bought our club. Please try and have some faith in them (not a dig at you, I know how difficult it is with the constant onslaught from outside), and remember they aren’t likely to be so arrogant and/or stupid as to openly break these made up rules knowing full well the game in this country is waiting for the time to pounce.

We shall prevail, of that I have no doubt, but there will be bumps in the road before the final day is won.
Keep the faith, we will win this eventually.

Superbia in Proelio.
Mate , I agree, it’s tiresome this technicality shit , as I’m sure you agree , I know , and does every blue on here know the battle is won on the pitch , it’s the biggest sporting agenda in world football against this club , fuck them all , I just want 100% exoneration , and wipe that smile off all the cunts faces who diss this club. Cunts , the fucking lot of them!

I don’t need to feel accepted as a city fan mate , I’ve been there and done that, like most on here I’ve a thick skin being a blue for 40 odd years, I’d like us to be cleared 100% , not 90 fucking percent through a technicality , enjoy your evening.
No offence but I think you are being quite naive. I suspect that if I took a look at the accounts of the other 19 EPL clubs I would find something that would render them less than 100% innocent. For us, it will simply be a question of how material their findings are. But those bringing the charges cannot afford an outcome that finds City "100% innocent".

I don’t need to feel accepted as a city fan mate , I’ve been there and done that, like most on here I’ve a thick skin being a blue for 40 odd years, I’d like us to be cleared 100% , not 90 fucking percent through a technicality , enjoy your evening.
No worries, I just couldn’t care less what they say.

5 headings but heading 1 is super serious. But so was UEFA/CAS. But it all means its going to take a long time.

City themselves submitted: "These very serious allegations necessarily involve a conspiracy on the part o f MCFC, its shareholder and these two sponsors. They are denied in the strongest terms, including by very senior witnesses from both Etisalat and Etihad. The allegations are irreconcilable with the factual evidence of what actually happened, as verified by respected international accounting firms."

For example, CAS said: "The Panel is satisfied to accept that the allegations in these proceedings are particularly severe. It not only concerns alleged arrangements between MCFC and ADUG as its main shareholder but also Etihad as one of its principal sponsors, concerning equity funding being disguised as sponsorship contributions over a significant period o f time, resulting in an influx of relevant income for monitoring purposes, with the consequence that it could spend significantly more money (more than GBP 200,000,000) than it would have been able to spend without such arrangements."
Thanks for responding @projectriver. This post and many others have been very helpful and aids our legal understanding of the case. Otherwise, most of us would be lost to the verbal and written diarrhea on show from the media.

I get that Tolm but BDO have do have a past record of messing up

Google PWC, Deloitte & KPMG I guarantee you'll find plenty more than that.
Nothing to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.