PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The notion that there is a smoking gun based on an in-game conversation between officials is as preposterous as the club being involved in wholesale fraud.

In game conversations are highly unlikely but I suspect that City will have gathered a raft of interesting evidence. When you know someone is coming after you it is the logical move.

I saw this post elsewhere, this morning. If it was you posting it, then great. Personally, I would be utterly amazed if we have been sat on our hands for the last four years without building up a robust defence. And, as we know, attack is often the best form of that.
My own thoughts on this are that @Dodge has posted in good faith (he's a long-standing poster and others on here know him personally) but the source further down the line - not necessarily who Dodge himself got it off - is chatting bollocks. It really does seem to be too good to be true, and in any case if there's any truth in it then it's a completely separate issue (an admittedly explosive one nonetheless) to what the PL have charged us with and as such the club wouldn't be using it as potential leverage against the PL charges. Dodge himself did say that that particular part was his own belief so no, City won't have been sat on their hands for the past 4 years.

None of the above necessarily means that officiating in this league is completely and utterly above board though. Sure, I'll happily accept that refs often make genuine mistakes but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if there is collusion at times and has been in the past.

Last edited:
In game conversations are highly unlikely but I suspect that City will have gathered a raft of interesting evidence. When you know someone is coming after you it is the logical move.
It’s perfectly possible. Thinking back to Camilla-gate and Squidgy-gate and those excruciatingly embarrassing recorded conversations from nearly thirty years ago ! But even if 100% true all it would do is personally damage a few individuals. It wouldn‘t help City defeat the charges laid at their door Or bring down a house of cards. But I would not be surprised if City had some dirt on a range of individuals/organisations gathered in all sorts of ways. Khaldoon’s comment ”when they say something, we know” was pretty clear. I also wouldn’t be surprised if representations (and evidence ) are being made to Government with respect to future regulation.

Have people lost their minds.

This secret recording being used as blackmail story is complete fantasy.

Can we get this thread back on serious comments about the charges we face instead of fucking nonsense about Abu Dhabi secret service recordings !
Abu Dhabi secret service recordings?
Abu Dhabi secret service recordings? What have you heard bud?

Make of this what you will, but I've just been privy to some startling information that would blow the lid off PGMOL and the power brokers at the Premier League, if it became public. It involves a recording of a conversation between the match day referee and VAR official at a recent away match, a recording that is now in the hands of City.

It's my firm belief that City have compiled a dossier so incendiary, that the Premier League will have no choice but to totally exonerate the Club of any wrongdoing. If they don't, this is going nuclear. Either way, we hold all the cards and this explains why we're so bullish about the eventual outcome. The Premier League are on the back foot, and in my opinion, are currently lobbying the membership as to how best to quietly end the process. I have also been advised that at least one of the "Nasty 9" has had board level discussions with City, distancing themselves from the others in the cabal.

Pep's press conference tells us all we need to know. Watch it again, look at the anger and barely controllable rage in the mans eyes. His attitude wasn't based upon him being reassured about some poxy finances & bullshit charges, it was because he KNOWS exactly what is coming.

Sit back and enjoy the ride Blues.

Do they know who shot Kennedy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.