PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

@M18CTID - appreciate your comments (and the character verification!).

When I was told this yesterday, I reacted in the way most on here have. A mixture of disbelief and laughter if I'm honest. After 40 years of supporting City and hearing every conceivable terrace conspiracy theory known to man, it was going to be filed with the rest, but when it became obvious that the guy I was talking to was deadly serious and there was more to this than a simple conspiracy theory, I started to take an interest. He mentioned a couple of names who could "verify" his claims, one of whom I spoke to and I was told exactly the same thing. I'm also aware that a reasonably well known City twitter account has the same information. I'm not some wet behind the ears snotty-nosed kid, I'm what is commonly known on these pages as an FOC. A typical Mancunian cynic in all things in life, don't seek the limelight and I'm generally apathetic to stuff like this. However, in MY opinion, there is substance to this and anyone who thinks it isn't possible that such a conversation took place (and was recorded) is living in the dark ages.

Anyway, I just want to clarify a couple of things:

There's a very big difference between blackmail and leverage.
The recording wasn't obtained by surreptitious means in any way linked to the Club, whether that be by Middle Eastern special forces, Chinese weather balloons or MI5. It has been handed to the club by a third party.
The intervening "voice" on the recording was not part of the matchday on field team, not a member of the VAR team and not the matchday commander.
The on field referee received an instruction from the intervening voice, who allegedly used the phrase "levelling up".
The "dossier" I mentioned in my original email is my take on things, I have not suggested that the club has one, I'm simply expressing my opinion, although I'd be amazed if they didn't have one.
The club who have distanced themselves from the Nasty 9 is Burnley.

By posting what I did yesterday, I knew I was potentially setting myself up to be a laughing stock, accused of being a raving lunatic, a complete & utter fantasist. My PM's cover all those bases, trust me. Each to their own, I've got broad shoulders. But ask yourself this...why would a perfectly normal, regular Joe City fan, put himself through the ringer like this, if he wasn't confident in the information he was given?

Yes, it could be bullshit, but then again, it could very well be true. There's many, many scandals over the years that were scarcely believable at the time. Scandals that would never have seen the light of day but for the meanderings of some FOC on a faceless platform.

Is football in this country as squeaky clean as they'd have you believe? Yeah....right, sure it is.

The truth will out.

Up the fucking Blues.
FWIW, I have heard from a very reliable source, who I am absolutely certain is different to your contact, that the new Burnley regime did in fact take positive steps to distance themselves from their association with the hateful 9 letter sent under the previous ownership.

I stress I do not regard myself as any sort of ITK, but in this instance I am in possession of a small amount of relevant information that can be passed on. I also stress that I haven't heard anything (and from that source wouldn't expect to) to confirm or deny anything else in your post, but other blues can make what they like of the fact that at least one part of what you said is entirely consistent with something I have heard from an entirely different (and in my view impeccable) source.
Just to add to this, the story has piqued the interests of some journalists and from what I can gather the club haven't exactly rubbished it as yet. I'm still sceptical, but will be interesting to see if anything comes out in the coming weeks.

Just to add to this, the story has piqued the interests of some journalists and from what I can gather the club haven't exactly rubbished it as yet. I'm still sceptical, but will be interesting to see if anything comes out in the coming weeks.

Do you mean journalists read it on here and have shared it, or that they've heard of the story independently?

I assume you're talking specifically about an unusual VAR conversation rather than the broader conspiracy.

Why should we ever get used to some of the shit these cunts throw at. I saw a few minutes of the fat Geordie **** talking to the fat Irish **** & that shouldn’t be allowed. I’d love them to be sued & closed down then pissed on when sleeping in an entry. I listened to 2 mins & heard 20 lies.
100% agree ,but our club have taken the softly , softly approach for a decade or more and unfortunately i can't see it changing , frustrating for us the fans , the club should realise how badly it reflects on our club and supporters and the damage the lies are doing , when our owners are trying to build a sustainable world class football club. At some stage you have to say enough is enough.

I saw it once a while ago :)
I think UK has tax treaties along residential lines with many countries effectively claiming or releasing ALL taxable assets globally with civil servants excepted.

Nothing to do with where asset or money is earned solely to do with if you have lived in a country for 6 months or more of its financial year.

100% agree ,but our club have taken the softly , softly approach for a decade or more and unfortunately i can't see it changing , frustrating for us the fans , the club should realise how badly it reflects on our club and supporters and the damage the lies are doing , when our owners are trying to build a sustainable world class football club. At some stage you have to say enough is enough.
I think we've reached that stage tbh. The team are playing with an anger, then the little things loike Pep calling out Levy, the hateful 8 or 9, the total press blackout righ5t now (Compared to the UEFA FFP bollocks) it seems a lot less anyway. even little things like Ederson time wasting, I dont think I've seen us play that card as much before. I want to see more of that, get crowded around the ref, take the dive Phil!

I certainly hope we've learnt anyway. Its good to have the moral high ground but not when you're surrounded by vultures like there are in the PL.

Think I’ve given up booing it to be honest, we eventually won at CAS, they seem to be leaving us alone, Ceferin seems to be a friend, we’ve been to a final & semi since, plus Pep & the players see it as the pinnacle….anyways, if there’s one thing in life I’ve learnt it’s corruption is normally replaced by more corruption, fifa PL ?
At least we can now practice our boooing of the Champs league anthem every week although the Premier league anthem could be a little longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.