PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I still dont understand on what grounds the investigation was instigated.

What made the pl think City were up to no good. Why didnt the pl investigate a decade ago.

I am just a simple City fan who cant understand why other pl clubs arent investigated.

Teams like liverpool dody shirt sponsor, bullshit about developing Anfield. Leicester sponsor by the owner, utd with its books in the Carmen Islands. The list goes on.

I know people will respond it's the cartel, its racist etc. But seriously I dont see how these charges can be made when the pl turns a blind eye to other clubs

City are being charged by a corrupt organisation its pathetic.

In any other business I can operate to make it a success and if my rivals cant compete tough. Yet in football rules are put in place to stop this. That isnt fair trade. The old business gang up to bully you out. This is what the pl are doing behaving like bullies egged on by the American owned clubs who are millions in debt.

When City clear their name, they cant really sue the pl because that hurts the brand that City are in. Its bonkers.

The whole thing is clearly a witchhunt, we cant go to CAS, what's all that about. That in itself smells of corruption, no right of appeal, it's a closed shop run by our rivals.

I know I repeat myself but it just fucking annoys me that it's clearly a set up a witchhunt yet no discuss it. No calls out the pl or the American clubs or the hateful 8. I reckon if the pl investigate the hateful 8 their would find more on them than City.

It fucking stinks

Our main gripe is that we provided uefa with the info they wanted and as soon as we submitted our accounts they moved the goalposts

I think that was for the first time around, not the one that went to CAS.

From what others have said, the goalpost shift meant we went from missing the FFP limits by 'some' to missing by 'a lot'.

What made the pl think City were up to no good. Why didnt the pl investigate a decade ago.

I am just a simple City fan who cant understand why other pl clubs arent investigated.

Teams like liverpool dody shirt sponsor, bullshit about developing Anfield. Leicester sponsor by the owner, utd with its books in the Carmen Islands. The list goes on.

I know people will respond it's the cartel, its racist etc. But seriously I dont see how these charges can be made when the pl turns a blind eye to other clubs

In any other business I can operate to make it a success and if my rivals cant compete tough. Yet in football rules are put in place to stop this. That isnt fair trade. The old business gang up to bully you out. This is what the pl are doing behaving like bullies egged on by the American owned clubs who are millions in debt.

When City clear their name, they cant really sue the pl because that hurts the brand that City are in. Its bonkers.

The whole thing is clearly a witchhunt, we cant go to CAS, what's all that about. That in itself smells of corruption, no right of appeal, it's a closed shop run by our rivals.

I know I repeat myself but it just fucking annoys me that it's clearly a set up a witchhunt yet no discuss it. No calls out the pl or the American clubs or the hateful 8. I reckon if the pl investigate the hateful 8 their would find more on them than City.

It fucking stinks
Of course it stinks.

Makes you wonder why our main owner wanted to join an Organization that was obviously a cartel.

The answer in my opinion is that it is an investment from his personal point of view and a chance to publicize AD from a political aspect.

Both of these objectives would probably strike fear into the cosy top table and their bias and retaliation to his provocation has since reached today's proportions.
Turns out they were 100 percent right about his threat to their financial arrangements by continuing to invest and we as fans got a Club that proved our long term support was eventually worthwhile.

Of course it stinks.

Makes you wonder why our main owner wanted to join an Organization that was obviously a cartel.

The answer in my opinion is that it is an investment from his personal point of view and a chance to publicize AD from a political aspect.

Both of these objectives would probably strike fear into the cosy top table and their bias and retaliation to his provocation has since reached today's proportions.
Turns out they were 100 percent right about his threat to their financial arrangements by continuing to invest and we as fans got a Club that proved our long term support was eventually worthwhile.

Agree

I still dont understand how it is legal for a cartel to pick on one member of the pl. My simple brain just yells 'its bollocks, it cant be legal to pick on one club when the cartel clubs, hateful 8 are more guilty'.

It's as clear as day what's going on. I dont understand how an outside body hasnt put a stop to this witchhunt. PL is big business but is run by a cartel I thought it was illegal to have cartels in the UK .
That's why any big take over goes in front of a outside committee to make sure it's good for the public and businesses. Why is football not govern the same ?

I would have though having a club sponsored by a money laundering gun running bank would be bad for the PL clearly it isnt !

It fucking stinks
We are more than a decade too late to start moaning about how unfair FFP is or how the rules of the PL don’t seem right.

We are being charged because a load of hacked emails made it look like we were cheating and our rivals have campaigned to get us charged.

Of course it stinks.

It was probably not an obvious cooperative at the time - Hicks & Gillette had just bought Liverpool, Arsenal had split ownership, and ENIC/Lewis/Levy hadn't got sole control of Spurs either (I think).

We are more than a decade too late to start moaning about how unfair FFP is or how the rules of the PL don’t seem right.

We are being charged because a load of hacked emails made it look like we were cheating and our rivals have campaigned to get us charged.

So why hasnt someone gone though these millions of emails on other clubs ? Surely the dippers would emails about hacking our pc's.
Why just City that in itself is clearly wrong and makes the case weak in my eyes.

Agree

I still dont understand how it is legal for a cartel to pick on one member of the pl. My simple brain just yells 'its bollocks, it cant be legal to pick on one club when the cartel clubs, hateful 8 are more guilty'.

It's as clear as day what's going on. I dont understand how an outside body hasnt put a stop to this witchhunt. PL is big business but is run by a cartel I thought it was illegal to have cartels in the UK .
That's why any big take over goes in front of a outside committee to make sure it's good for the public and businesses. Why is football not govern the same ?

I would have though having a club sponsored by a money laundering gun running bank would be bad for the PL clearly it isnt !

I think that pretty much hits why the govt want a regulator - football in England governs itself.

Agree

Football has tended tto transcend country borders so the corruption was originally governed by FIFA who's corruption was shall we say cleansed by the cartel. Next we got UEFA who were and are equally corrupt and anti City.
Today we face a PL who are solely UK based so the threat or actual interference into its governance can be done at Government level.

This is a threat to most owners some of whom are foreign and most are anti City.

It fucking stinks
I largely agree with what you're saying but the reason why all this started in the first place is because of the Der Spiegel articles courtesy of that prick Rui Pinto who claims to be a whistleblower when anyone with half a brain cell can see that he's just a fucking criminal and a wrong 'un to boot. Without that then none of this would've happened but I'm struggling to see how things could get this far - both with UEFA and the PL - if a few hacked and out of context e-mails is all they've got to go on. Sure, there's enough in those e-mails for them to ask legitimate questions but beyond that it's no more than speculation as they can be interpreted multiple different ways.

In short, you're pretty much spot on IMO - it's a witch hunt being pushed by certain clubs. While we need to clear our name first and foremost, Liam Gallagher had it right - you investigate one, you investigate all. And when you do that then you truly are into Pandora's Box territory. Let's see how all these other clubs would like it if they're subjected to a fishing expedition and being asked to tip up a shit load of confidential information.

I actually believe that until all this booted off, the Premier League were, if anything, extremely lax when it came to imposing their FFP rules on clubs, including ours. Whereas UEFA seem quite thorough when assessing clubs each year (which in turn leads to sanctions being imposed on various clubs every season), the PL has never found a single club to be in breach of any aspect of their FFP rules. Now they appear to be over-compensating by throwing as much shit as possible at us. Funny how they don't go back as far as Shinawatra's ownership though because I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's not a fucking chance we were more squeaky clean when he owned us than we have been since!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.