PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The one thing that keeps niggling at me is that we won CAS 2-1 and not 3-0.

It makes me think that there is a chance the PL appeal panel could see it the same way the losing CAS guy did…whatever the hell that was.

There’s a few things about the CAS verdict that still niggle at me tbh. Burden of proof though, I’m not sure what the PL have that makes them think they have a stronger case.

Last edited:
I think you're mixing up Privy Council (all of the above) and King's Counsel (top level lawyer, usually barrister)

Starmer is KC. The rest arem't.
They are all PC.
Ah yes, you’re right I did make that mistake.

Even still, Starmer a good example of both offices not being wholly infallible.

So do I but we are bang to rights on non-cooperation
Well, the club claims otherwise, and publicly neither side has proven either way, so it depends who you believe.

According to the club, we sent them everything they asked for, practically bent over backwards whilst their goons snooped through our private and often sensitive documents

What do you want?

If you want to inhabit a world where only things that have been explicitly stated by the club in a public statement are "factual statements" then you should probably just leave this thread and come back in 18 months when there's a verdict, because the only factual statement so far is the PL and City statements from last monday. The other 14,450 posts in this comment are opinion and discourse.

In the meantime, the rest of us are probably going to keep discussing the possibilities using what we have in the public domain and trying to figure out what the club is fighting.

What we know is that City's internal documents involve putting 4 random companies between ADUG and Fordham, 4 companies who do nothing, have no business plan, and involve routing things through the BVI.

Feel free to offer another theory why the corporate structure was like that if you don't think that's someone disguising it. Or don't, because it won't be a fact.
Another reason could be the lower tax paid in the BVI

What do you want?

If you want to inhabit a world where only things that have been explicitly stated by the club in a public statement are "factual statements" then you should probably just leave this thread and come back in 18 months when there's a verdict, because the only factual statement so far is the PL and City statements from last monday. The other 14,450 posts in this comment are opinion and discourse.

In the meantime, the rest of us are probably going to keep discussing the possibilities using what we have in the public domain and trying to figure out what the club is fighting.

What we know is that City's internal documents involve putting 4 random companies between ADUG and Fordham, 4 companies who do nothing, have no business plan, and involve routing things through the BVI.

Feel free to offer another theory why the corporate structure was like that if you don't think that's someone disguising it. Or don't, because it won't be a fact.
Speaking from experience most big multinational organisations are structured in an odd way on paper

I worked for one of the ten biggest organisations in the world and we had an entire team of people looking after things like this. Even taking advantage of currency fluctuations within the cash in the group of companies because of this kind of organisational design. It doesn’t necessarily point to wrongdoing.

And that takes us back to how do
Investigations start. They don’t unless pressured by the Red cartel.
I don't disagree but surely part of the skip full of evidence we have provided will document our many requests for fairness in applying rules both on and on the field of play?
Surely then the panel will be forced to assess that point amongst many others by our legal team?

I don't disagree but surely part of the skip full of evidence we have provided will document our many requests for fairness in applying rules both on and on the field of play?
Surely then the panel will be forced to assess that point amongst many others by our legal team?

I think it’s clear that the process hasn’t been fair, shouldn’t be too hard to prove.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.