PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Exactly !!! Nothing has changed except every week we get stuff posted on here like ‘we have a secret VAR recording’ or ‘95% is off the table’.

What do people expect City to say ? Of course we are going to announce publicly and via chosen outlets that we are very confident. We are hardly going to say we are bang to rights and completely fucked.

The Premier League pushed ahead with charges cause they took advice that there is a very serious case to be heard. Their credibility is on the line.

There is a huge risk with this to City no matter how strong our evidence is.

People should be careful not to get carried away. Everybody was giddy about a secret VAR recording a couple of weeks ago - never to be heard of again.

There are some fantastic legal experts on this thread dissecting the charges and potential risks - they are the people to listen to.
What makes you think that this has gone away?

No it wouldn't.

The taxman doesn't give a fuck if Sheikh Mansour is paying person X to sponsor us, he just cares that tax is being paid on it.

Submitting accurate accounts on Companies House is about more than just tax though?

I’m not being argumentative I’m just surprised you can disguise revenue and costs to such as an extent and it not be illegal.

You’re telling me HMRC won’t be interested in a large some of money paid to a high profile manager of a premier league club in a different country under a different tax regime instead of the one this one. If it was true income tax and national insurance would have been avoided

Not if the services were provided outside the country, unless you have a world-wide income tax regime in the UK these days. You may have for all I know, I left over 40 years ago

I am just wondering why the charges are up until 2018.
Did our accounting change since then? If there are any problems with our image rights payments, Etihad deal, other sponsor payments etc, did anything change after 2018? or if they have been potentially breaking PL rules all those years do they still break those same rules in last 5 years too each year?

Apparently that’s when we started
To corporate with everything..

Everyone knows you are completely trustworthy, I mean you joined only after the latest PL charges, all your posts are about the charges, and of course you are not implying City & it’s satellite clubs, just out of interest which other club with satellite clubs were you implying?

To be fair to the guy, the articles that broke this story were poorly written and referred at various stages to sister clubs, satellite clubs and associated clubs. That's what happens when sports people write about stuff they don't understand. Like football, actually. Anyway, all those things can mean different things so it could be almost any club. My bet was Wolves with the relationship they have with their preferred agent.

Hey chaps.

As you can guess from my input this issue is one I find fascinating and I hope that my input is viewed as constructive because that’s my intention
As it’s obvious I am not a City supporter I am desperately trying not to be too judgmental but if I stray too far from just discussing process please point it out

Hey chaps.

As you can guess from my input this issue is one I find fascinating and I hope that my input is viewed as constructive because that’s my intention
As it’s obvious I am not a City supporter I am desperately trying not to be too judgmental but if I stray too far from just discussing process please point it out

We can put up with you a while longer, I guess.

:)

Edit: Try not to enjoy it too much though. Some of this is pretty stressful for a lot on here.

Last edited:
I am just wondering why the charges are up until 2018.
Did our accounting change since then? If there are any problems with our image rights payments, Etihad deal, other sponsor payments etc, did anything change after 2018? or if they have been potentially breaking PL rules all those years do they still break those same rules in last 5 years too each year?

They had nothing till then. Then Der Spiegel posted hacked stuff, and it became a tool for their ultimate goal.

Not sure if hacked stuff could ever be used in court as evidence but it hasn't stopped them from complaining about fraud ever since..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.