PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No it wouldn't.

The taxman doesn't give a fuck if Sheikh Mansour is paying person X to sponsor us, he just cares that tax is being paid on it.

I wonder what the opposite of tax evasion is? The deliberate increasing of taxable income, or in this case probably the deliberate decreasing of tax losses? Tax self-harming maybe?

No I don’t think they would have any jurisdiction over.
From what I understand the sums paid to Mancini from Man City were as per the contract.
Unless ( which I don’t think there is ) evidence that City paid either by cash or from their bank accounts any money that wasn’t in line with the contract then cant see how it is a matter that HMRC would remotely be involved in.
But that’s not the point of the charges. What the PL appear to be saying is that the money paid and from what I have read properly accounted for by another company was really in respect of his work at Man City.
Your not making sense the sums paid to Mancini by Man City may well have been inline with his contract I to have seen noting to say otherwise but the point is his contract with Man City should have had another 1 - 2 million on it. As he never did any work for this other club in the UAE the other jurisdiction and tax regime that paid him this money instead of City. Where it true the intention was not to avoid UK National Insurance or Income tax but that’s the affect of what happened from a HMRC point of view.

You might have had a point had it been a CFG company based in the same jurisdiction as City (UK) but I am not an expert

Last edited:
What makes you think that this has gone away?

I thought your thread got deleted after your mates source was found out to be his daughter following some other mate on Twitter?

Maybe you could open a new thread, could do with a laugh.

I am just wondering why the charges are up until 2018.
Did our accounting change since then? If there are any problems with our image rights payments, Etihad deal, other sponsor payments etc, did anything change after 2018? or if they have been potentially breaking PL rules all those years do they still break those same rules in last 5 years too each year?
They're not, they go up to and include this season.

But UEFA expressly said that that we deliberately and dishonestly concealed the source of income originating from Mansour with a view to circumventing their rules, with the result that our audited accounts "were not complete or correct". I've never said that we were guilty of false accounting, but that's the substance of UEFA's allegations.

They didn't say that we innocently misrepresented the source of income or that we played fast and loose with their regulations, thus resulting in rule-breaking. They accused us, in the words of the CAS Panel, of dishonest concealment, which they said had resulted in our audited accounts being misleading with regard to our operating income. They claimed that this was done with a view to significantly inflating our permitted expenditure under FFP. It's there in black and white in the CAS Award.

It's not possible to do what they claimed we did without undertaking conduct that falls within the definition false accounting. It's the dishonesty and deception they've alleged that make the conduct fraudulent. Unless and until proven to the contrary, I won't believe that we did it. Nonetheless, that's what UEFA accused us of. If the PL want to allege the same, let them fucking own the accusations.

Here's a question. The UEFA charge was that the club disguised equity funding as sponsorship income and as a result our signed, audited accounts were not complete or accurate (I suppose they mean true and fair).

Edit: Sorry that was half a question. This is the rest.

Never mind. It's late :) Will try again tomorrow

:D

I wonder what the opposite of tax evasion is? The deliberate increasing of taxable income, or in this case probably the deliberate decreasing of tax losses? Tax self-harming maybe?
As you may have guessed alongside a background in football administration I also previously worked for the old Inland Revenue .

We accounted for all sorts of income tax. Schedule D then Self Assessment, NIC, CT, ACT the various heads of duty were numerous every payment we received had to be allocated correctly in our accounting records to the tax type it was attributed

We had one head of duty called conscience money what that was when people volunteered a payment because they had fiddled and their conscience got their got the better of them. You would be staggered how much we received mostly anonymous from the odd £10 note to £000s it really was quite staggering

Not if the services were provided outside the country, unless you have a world-wide income tax regime in the UK these days. You may have for all I know, I left over 40 years ago
They where not provided outside the country that the allegation he claimed to provide and service and be paid outside this country but was in fact paid outside this one for work done in this one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.