PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Completely agree. 'True and fair' is necessarily a subjective concept. It follows that the reporting company is given a certain amount of leeway in how they choose to present their affairs.

Eg most football clubs include the cost of player purchases in their accounts on the basis that the purchase price is split over the lifetime of a contract and amortises each year. There is however nothing wrong in present all the cost as falling within the year of purchase, it's just that most clubs don't for reasons you almost certainly understand much better than I. Either presentation would be entirely legitimate, however, and neither would result in the conclusion that the accounts did not provide a true and fair view of the club's financial circumstances. What is necessary is that the club selects legitimate policies and applies them consistently.

The fact that 'true and fair' is a subjective concept means, in this case, that the PL has to show that the club was operating outside the area in which different presentations of the same matters can legitimately be made.

As I keep saying, based on what we know so far, and what came up at CAS, they are going to struggle to do that.

Agree with most of that, but I would say stronger.

If they are trying to say the Etihad sponsorship should have been shown as equity in the signed, audited annual accounts and not revenue, they will find it impossible to justify their position.

If they are trying to say that the Etihad sponsorship should have been disclosed to them differently, then that is the one they will struggle to do.

All IMHO opinion, as always.

I let the mistake in paragraph two go, btw, for the sake of peace and harmony.

Yep that’s a fair point . The forum rules say this

“Fans of other clubs are welcome, as long as they are open about who they support and have a thick skin.”

As said earlier always been open and as I am fast developing my already thick skin
You have made some decent and fair points but people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Your present ownership has some very dubious financial reputations and the less said about Roman and his financial reputation the better.

If that’s true and as daft as it sounds maybe the whole thing is set up to clear our names and for the premier league to get the red shite off their backs all in one go.
The premier league has made it clear we’ve not cooperated and we’ve not been forthcoming with our accounts.
They say look we’ve got all this evidence and we’ve charged them, only for us to say here you go, all explained, name cleared.
A smallish fine for not cooperating.
Not so much taking a pinch, more paying to speed up the process of clearing our name once and for all.
Everyone’s a winner…sort of
Either that or the premier league have thrown the book at us and we’ve gone ‘here you go we’ve been doing some digging of our own’ ; )
Not really arsed about the why’s of all this, I just wanted it put to bed once and for.
One way or another it will be.
Hopefully with us smoking a big fat cigar.
I’m fairly sure I made this exact point several times many 100’s of pages ago. This is exactly how I said it might play out.

God. You’re obsessed with us. Do you have time to visit the Chelski forums - & do you manage to get to work?
I retired at 52 so mine is a life of leisure. Not obsessed with City at all but have a deep interest in football finance and without doubt this is the hot topic in the football world at the moment
You have made some decent and fair points but people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Your present ownership has some very dubious financial reputations and the less said about Roman and his financial reputation the better.
Again this is a fair point but the thing that amazes me is that we have never been accused of anything of this nature but as I have said on numerous occasions I certainly don’t applaud the introduction of FFP

If that’s true and as daft as it sounds maybe the whole thing is set up to clear our names and for the premier league to get the red shite off their backs all in one go.
The premier league has made it clear we’ve not cooperated and we’ve not been forthcoming with our accounts.
They say look we’ve got all this evidence and we’ve charged them, only for us to say here you go, all explained, name cleared.
A smallish fine for not cooperating.
Not so much taking a pinch, more paying to speed up the process of clearing our name once and for all.
Everyone’s a winner…sort of
Either that or the premier league have thrown the book at us and we’ve gone ‘here you go we’ve been doing some digging of our own’ ; )
Not really arsed about the why’s of all this, I just wanted it put to bed once and for.
One way or another it will be.
Hopefully with us smoking a big fat cigar.

I don't buy that. As nice as it might sound.

The PL had an outcome of a court of arbitration and 4 years to come to a similar outcome and close this, if that was what they wanted.

They didn't throw 100 charges at it for a laugh, or to come out deliberately looking stupid at the end of it. They did so because they thought some would stick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.