PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You think this is all down to that?

If it was you think the PL would risk so much?

I hope your right!
But what are tge PL risking? I think their risk was greater by doing nothing.
I really can't see how them losing the case is damaging, surely they hold hands up and confess to doing all they can. No cooperation fine accepted by City only on proviso it is publicly stated by PL why given, and not a sign of guilt.
I personally feel city are now as important to PL as tge red tops given our growth and status.

Possibly, but it won't be a UK or European sponsor, more likely a global sponsor, I imagine (you said it's particularly damaging for UK and European sponsors unless I am mistaken?).

You could be right, though, global sponsors could be waiting for an outcome before committing to a major sponsorship for ten years.

I probably would unless I had a very good relationship with Mansour/Khaldoon. And if I did, I wouldn't be on here talking to you lot :)
Or appropriately sized global sponsors still recovering from effects of covid or now a war in europe before sounding £50 Mill a year on city

But what are tge PL risking? I think their risk was greater by doing nothing.
I really can't see how them losing the case is damaging, surely they hold hands up and confess to doing all they can. No cooperation fine accepted by City only on proviso it is publicly stated by PL why given, and not a sign of guilt.
I personally feel city are now as important to PL as tge red tops given our growth and status.
100% they need us, I simply can't believe they are just doing what they are told by the red tops, only time will tell.

Possibly, but it won't be a UK or European sponsor, more likely a global sponsor, I imagine (you said it's particularly damaging for UK and European sponsors unless I am mistaken?).

You could be right, though, global sponsors could be waiting for an outcome before committing to a major sponsorship for ten years.

I probably would unless I had a very good relationship with Mansour/Khaldoon. And if I did, I wouldn't be on here talking to you lot :)
Mention our name anywhere in the UK/Europe I would guarantee a majority would think of Pep, Aguero, Haaland and dodgy dealings, a oversimplification but hopefully you get my point.

Would a major global brand want to invest 100s of millions into us until we are 100% cleared of the serious charges, I would say no.

After all, I think that few people when taking a decision with ramifications that interest many people want to find that decision widely and publicly lambasted. And a decision on the part of the PL to decline to charge City would have been met with vituperative condemnation from the usual suspects and, most likely, from far wider quarters than that.

Excellent post as usual. The corollary to your last point is that the criticism they might receive if they lose will be as nothing compared to if they hadn't brought proceedings at all. Indeed, the tribal public and media reaction would (will) be the same as when we were cleared by CAS, i.e." they got off on a technicality", "whatever the outcome, we know they're guilty" and so on. In short, they have little to lose, not even costs given the mitigation you describe is unlikely to prevent the panel finding in favour of the PL in relation to the non cooperation charges imo.

I'd hope, but not expect, that, if we are cleared, the panel's published judgement makes it clear what we have been cleared of so there is no room for the skewed interpretation we have witnessed since the CAS decision.

I am an old fan and am yet to mature
Sorry I meant to make it clearer I was referring to our support volume not their personal maturity.
Like yourself I am of an older vintage and am still not able to see our management and field success as real and not just a flash in the pan.

Sorry I meant to make it clearer I was referring to our support volume not their personal maturity.
Like yourself I am of an older vintage and am still not able to see our management and field success as real and not just a flash in the pan.

So Kyle's bar was called The Pan, was it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.