PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Debt has always been an accepted way of raising capital for investment; what is not allowed by law is any attempt to prohibit or limit investment. No "sporting exception" gets a mention anywhere.
Thanks for that reminder about debt SB.
I was not aware of the legal restriction you mention and the absence of a "sporting exception" so thanks for that information.
Perhaps we signed away something we were legally entitled to?

I bumped into an old buddy in town today, he's an Evertonian, we went for a coffee and he told me the following, strictly on the QT...
The week before the charges were announced four clubs demanded a video conference with PL Chief Exec Richard Masters. One of the clubs execs led the meeting let's say "TH". He requested the latest status of the PL investigation into MCFC. He was told it was effectively stalled with no progress. Then on behalf of all four clubs TH demanded the PL proceed with all possible charges irrespective of the prospects of winning. After a series of threats were made by TH, Masters capitulated and agreed to rush the charges through before the announcement of the White Paper. That's why there were so many errors in the published charges requiring numerous corrections.The club are confident this is a golden opportunity to resolve these issues once and for all.
I wonder who those 4 clubs could be, mmm......
Its no coincidence that Pep mentioned Levy in the press conference directly after the charges

At the very least that sounds feasible (apart from the threats from Spurs !). Assuming the other clubs on the call were Liverpool, United and Arsenal, you have the prime movers with the Super League and therefore the most dissatisfied with the status quo…it may explain why Levy was personally called out at Pep’s presser (and why we’ve not heard a squeak from him in response or indeed since). I wondered what motivated the club to single him out like that.
Probably the fall out from Harry Kane saga

When CAS decided in our favour, the 2 or 3 journalists who've made this their raison d'etre decided it was the problem. No concerns were raised before the hearing, but when it delivered the "wrong" verdict they tried to undermine it.

If every single decision at the PL hearing went our way, including the non-cooperation etc., the same journalists would just balme the PL.

They've seen the emails and they've decided it's proof of what they think has been going on, no matter how many court cases go against that narrative.
Idealistic fundamentalists comes to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.