PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something is worth what somebody values it at. On our last game at Maine Road I paid £150 for a ticket. Shit game and pretty average end of match entertainment but I had to be there because it had been a huge part of my life and I'd never be there or see it again. Some people said I was mad paying so much but for me it was worth every penny.

Whoever has sponsored us has had terrific value for money given our success. They were given a vision, saw the potential and thought, "I'm having some of that." They are clutching at straws.

I was at Cheshire Oaks yesterday and saw a pair of trainers for sale at £575.

Some dickheads will pay that without batting an eyelid.

Things are always worth what someone will pay for them.

I was at Cheshire Oaks yesterday and saw a pair of trainers for sale at £575.

Some dickheads will pay that without batting an eyelid.

Things are always worth what someone will pay for them.

can you imagine if you were told the person who owns the brand buys them for everyone.

Under the new PL rules, the PL could decide Etihad is “associated” which is their new term coined to get at us. IAS24 does not need to be applicable. PL has not defined what “associated” means. They will decide on a case by case basis. Ha!

The Etihad sponsorship was incredible for Etihad as a business, they went from just under £1B in profits to £9B (or something crazy like that) in a matter of years. They certainly doubled their business after the deal with City, which was worth over £1B. They sight the City partnership as a lucrative deal helping their brand recognition.

The thing that gets me, if FFP is purely there to stop clubs from going under. If a business puts money into City, associated or not, it becomes City’s money. The business can’t then take that money back. So what’s the problem? Because, it’s purely about protecting the club right? If it’s not about stopping us spending as much money as the elite clubs, and it’s for are own good…. Then why not let us take the money in regardless of where it comes from? (As long as it’s legal)

How could the PL prove that anything is over inflated too? If Etihad had given us £1B, how can they say that it isn’t fair market value? If Etihad increased their business 10 fold, and a part of that was to do with the sponsorship, then it’s absolutely a fair deal for both party’s. If a business makes 10 fold the money back on an investment, it’s an absolutely superb investment. Commercially it makes us a gold mine. So can they prove that our partnership with Etihad had no barring on Etihads increased profits after that? Additionally, they can’t go off what other clubs are getting because that’s not how business works. It just goes to show the level of corruption they’re willing to go to, to protect their clubs. They’re showing their true colours in broad day light. FFP is just there to manipulate competition and undermine ‘fair play’.

It’s been ok for Utd to blow everyone out of the water financially, since the 90’s. It was ok for Chelsea to do it too. It was fine for them to spend and spend and become successful on and off the pitch, and with that, dominate financially and Inflate all future transfer fees across England. Then when they’re miles ahead financially, hand them a reward for it like FFP, to protect them against any future competition.

FFP is UEFA and the PL’s way of cheating, simple as that. It’s become more and more obvious, that UEFA, the PL and established clubs, engaged in a tactic to stop City/PSG and future clubs like us. They had to disguise it as something else, otherwise they breach several statutes and principles defined by FIFA. They tried to cheat and they failed miserably to achieve their desired outcome, in our respect. So now, In order to protect themselves and the image of other clubs, they accuse us of engaging in misconduct, with baseless, unfounded and illegal actions.

UEFA and the big clubs created an unfair rule change, then they attributed their loss, to us cheating, rather than actually acknowledging the role of creating an unfair advantage. They then placed attribution biases on us, engageded in foul play and corruption to try and ban us. In doing so, projected their own actions onto us. Thus again, helping other clubs owners, shareholders, supporters and potential sponsors etc to attribute their own successes to internal factors (such as their own abilities or wealth), while attributing their failures, to external factors (such as City cheating FFP). Why City and other clubs have not taken serious action, I don’t know. I guess thats impossible, would be like taking your company to tribunal, either way, it ends with you having to leave.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.